Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Ron Ayers Motorcycles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Richmond BC
    Posts
    21

    Default Ron Ayers Motorcycles

    I live in Richmond BC and prior to Covid I had the luxury of ordering parts from any US vender and having them ship it to a business in Point Roberts Washington. It is a business that receives mail and freight and caters to Canadians. We drive across the border, pick up our parcel and drive back usually with out paying any extra duties and taxes. Oh yah and fill up on gas. It is about a $1 gal cheaper in the USA.

    Then Covid changed it all when the border closed. I began looking for parts for my GS1100E. Some businesses stopped shipping internationally, and some stopped answering the phone and others did not answer emails.
    I tried Ron Ayers in Greenville NC. They were still shipping internationally and they were answering the phone! I was drawn to this dealer because their online prices were below MSRP and lower than other dealers. I gave them my $270 order of which I am sure most of which they had to source from Suzuki. The order went it on Jan 20 and was shipped Jan 27 with all items ordered. The charge for USPS International from them was $75. I decided to have it shipped to my Point Roberts location because it went free freight as it stayed in the USA. It was then reshipped from Point Roberts to me for about $37. A $38 saving.

    I thought that this was very good service in todays business environment.
    Do not ride faster than your angel can fly
    2016 K1600GL BMW
    1983 Honda CB1000c
    1983 Suzuki GS1100E recent purchase

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    St. Catharines, On.
    Posts
    7,682

    Default

    Great to hear. Been dealing with some of the same things.
    Unfortunately the Mail Center i had been using in Niagara Falls NY closed. 75% of its business was Canadian.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Victoria bc
    Posts
    16,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ourgang View Post
    I live in Richmond BC and prior to Covid I had the luxury of ordering parts from any US vender and having them ship it to a business in Point Roberts Washington. It is a business that receives mail and freight and caters to Canadians. We drive across the border, pick up our parcel and drive back usually with out paying any extra duties and taxes. Oh yah and fill up on gas. It is about a $1 gal cheaper in the USA.

    Then Covid changed it all when the border closed. I began looking for parts for my GS1100E. Some businesses stopped shipping internationally, and some stopped answering the phone and others did not answer emails.
    I tried Ron Ayers in Greenville NC. They were still shipping internationally and they were answering the phone! I was drawn to this dealer because their online prices were below MSRP and lower than other dealers. I gave them my $270 order of which I am sure most of which they had to source from Suzuki. The order went it on Jan 20 and was shipped Jan 27 with all items ordered. The charge for USPS International from them was $75. I decided to have it shipped to my Point Roberts location because it went free freight as it stayed in the USA. It was then reshipped from Point Roberts to me for about $37. A $38 saving.

    I thought that this was very good service in todays business environment.
    I use these guys... https://www.seawings.ca/

    Lets me take advantage of companies in the USA that offer free shipping in the USA...Awesome service.
    No signature

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Richmond BC
    Posts
    21

    Default

    The business I use in Point Roberts is on reduced hours however they offer a reshipping service. They are trying to stay in business and got creative. Maybe there is still some in Niagara doing the same. Cheers
    Do not ride faster than your angel can fly
    2016 K1600GL BMW
    1983 Honda CB1000c
    1983 Suzuki GS1100E recent purchase

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Richmond BC
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trevor View Post
    I use these guys... https://www.seawings.ca/

    Lets me take advantage of companies in the USA that offer free shipping in the USA...Awesome service.
    Thanks for the tip on Seawings. I will check out there service from Victoria to Vancouver.
    Do not ride faster than your angel can fly
    2016 K1600GL BMW
    1983 Honda CB1000c
    1983 Suzuki GS1100E recent purchase

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    La Center Washington
    Posts
    550

    Default

    Trevor, what parts are you looking for for your 1100E? I've depleted my stock a bit over the last year but just picked up a complete 82 yesterday.Rich

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Richmond BC
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Hi Rich, I would be interested in some side covers if they have most of their original tabs in place. What color is the bike?
    Do not ride faster than your angel can fly
    2016 K1600GL BMW
    1983 Honda CB1000c
    1983 Suzuki GS1100E recent purchase

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Victoria bc
    Posts
    16,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by red1100 View Post
    Trevor, what parts are you looking for for your 1100E? I've depleted my stock a bit over the last year but just picked up a complete 82 yesterday.Rich
    It's Ourgang looking, I no longer have an 1100

    Thanks
    No signature

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Stuck in Lodi, again
    Posts
    117

    Default

    I can also vouch for Ron Ayers. Couple weeks back I bought a complete set of rockers from them on Friday, and they shipped on Monday. Pretty impressive in todays day and age.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    4,355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by red1100 View Post
    Trevor, what parts are you looking for for your 1100E? I've depleted my stock a bit over the last year but just picked up a complete 82 yesterday.Rich
    If you're breaking it, I'd be interested in the front mudguard, with the internal brace along with it.
    Just to be sure, it's this one I want...
    https://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/mo...1100e%2082.htm
    ---- Dave
    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

    Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •