Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello!..New member, old bike.

Hey gang,

Recently acquired an 85' GS450L. Runs ok, needs/could use just about everything else. This site (and Basscliff's site) are already a wealth of info. I've already broken the bike down a bit, orderd my OEM parts and getting dirty. I'm a new guy when it comes to this stuff...and that's why I am here.

Anyways, thank you to all who have provided valuable resources here.

Jason in Nashville

50966201743_16330b1188_c.jpg
    85' GS450L

Welcome Jason & good luck. With access to a good manual even someone new to this stuff will be OK. Get her up & going then come on up here to Norene & I'll buy you a bologna sandwich & a cold drink down at the General Store.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Now that's a deal!
      85' GS450L

Comment

Welcome, and good luck! Since you already found our library, maybe also pay a visit to our newbie thread (linked in my signature), it'll help you to avoid the most common pitfalls.
        #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
        #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
        #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
        #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Hi, Jason! Your '85 is not so common here. a Picture? Though differences are slight I think. Oh, and another manual is here- worth getting:
          GS450 Official Service Manual PDF

Comment

Hey Jason. Welcome and good luck.
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Welcome to the forum Jason.

Comment

Welcome Jason. I wonder if you might be of the Knight family of Nashville, Middle Tennessee? I'm sort of kidding as there are a ton of Jasons in the world but I know a Jason that I frequently talk to there in Nashville for work purposes.
                sigpic
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                  Hi, Jason! Your '85 is not so common here. a Picture? Though differences are slight I think. Oh, and another manual is here- worth getting:
                  GS450 Official Service Manual PDF
                  Thank You! Very helpful, indeed. I posted a pic in the initial post, I'll try and post another.
                  85' GS450L

Comment

Thank you all for the info. I am already working on the harness as its been pretty torn apart. Found another usable one ... Replaced the instrument cluster(w/ another original one in better shape) It had no taillights/turn signals....working on that, too. Mostly replacing original parts as needed .

And no, Cowboyup..., I am not from the family Knights..though I suspect I may know a Jason Knight who is a songwriter.

Again...many many thanks for the welcomes and info. I am a new at most of this and enjoy the learning experience of it all. This site/members is/are amazingly helpful
                    85' GS450L

Comment

Working...
                    X