‘82 GS 1100 relay mounting plate location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

‘82 GS 1100 relay mounting plate location

Restoring an 82 GS1100, someone robbed a lot of the electrical components, one that came in the mail today was the relay / regulator mounting plate. It’s a quite large plate that has 2 mounting holes. Would ANYONE know how this plate mounts? My Clymer manual SUX!

There's a plate under the left side cover, attached to the frame that the starter relay, fuse panel, rectifier etc. mounts to. Look up a parts diagram on Suzuki parts monster or partzilla. A picture is worth a thousand words. Good luck.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Better than Clymer
      Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
      '79 GS100E
      Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

BikeBandit, Partzilla, Suzuki Monster all use the same pictorial diagrams, but only show “model D, and model Z” configurations for the relay / regulator mounting plate. Neither of which are for my bike....GS1100G. Thanks for the references though! I just don’t see anywhere on the left side under the cover that this plate will mount.... I suppose actual photographs of an 1100G will have be needed.

Comment

Those are the year designators, Z for '82 and D for '83, and not the model. I'm not sure why they put both in the '82's section.

Originally posted by Britgearhead View Post
          BikeBandit, Partzilla, Suzuki Monster all use the same pictorial diagrams, but only show “model D, and model Z” configurations for the relay / regulator mounting plate. Neither of which are for my bike....GS1100G. Thanks for the references though! I just don’t see anywhere on the left side under the cover that this plate will mount.... I suppose actual photographs of an 1100G will have be needed.
          Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
          '79 GS100E
          Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

There are 2 1100G Factory Service Manuals on BikeCliff's website, not sure of the difference. One is a better scan (the 86MB one), you may find clear-ish images of what that electrical plate looks like w/ everything mounted to it, and its connecting points to the frame. Link to BikeCliff's Website in my signature.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Is it a G model? From memory the regulator mounts to the bottom of the battery box on that model...
              1980 GS1000G - Sold
              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

That manual does not cover a 1982 GS1100G. Thank you though!

Comment

It is indeed a G model. Have not attempted to fit this large bracket to the bottom of the battery box yet. I’ll give it a try. Thank You!

Comment

It was the plate in the “Z” model diagram. It attaches to the battery box with 2 screws into nut plates. The Voltage regulator attaches to the bottom of the battery box in the same manner.

Comment

Working...
                    X