Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 750 cam chain tensioner blades

hi all
    i am at the stage of re fitting the cylinder head on my GS750, the Haynes manual states to ensure the forward blade is not allowed to float as chain damage can occur, i am not 100 percent clear on how the blade locates at the bottom as it looks like it just sits loosely in the guide at the bottom but it could move, any help in clarifying this greatly appreciated
    Andy
    andyp, 1977 GS750B 8 Valve engine

To me, it appears the front guide just rests on part#3 in this layout
    Shop online for OEM Cam Chain parts that fit your 1977 Suzuki GS750EC, search all our OEM Parts or call at 386-740-2452
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Yes it fits in/on part 3 the 850 is the same got to admit I looked at it several times with a torch before fitting mine.
      The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
      1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
      past bikes. RF900
      TL1000s
      Hayabusa
      gsx 750f x2
      197cc Francis Barnett
      various British nails

Comment

thanks, that's what it appears to me, just wondered if it had to be anchored somehow,
        cheers

Comment

Thanks, yes i keep looking down with a torch wondering, you put my mind at rest

Comment

Hopefully you've sorted this but...just in case. When I fitted my tensioner, the bottom slips into the guide (after about a dozen attempts) and on my GS750 it locates into a channel at the top of the block. I found that it had a tendency to lift and pop out of the top channel but a bit of wiggling and it seated just fine.
            1978 GS750(E) I think

Comment

not done it yet, just sorting out the valves, i do see now it just slips into the guide at the bottom, i was told to put it behind it but i never thought that would be right ,hopefully all will fall into place when the head is ready to go on soon

Comment

Working...
              X