Torque specs for side covers on 1982 GS450L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torque specs for side covers on 1982 GS450L

Looking for torque specs for all the side covers for a 1982 GS450L. canÂ’t seem to find the info in my clymer manual.
    thanks,
    chris

Engine covers, right? A lot of people here call the pretty painted plastic with the model badges "side covers."
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

As a general rule, if the shop manual doesn't give specific instructions to torque particular bolt or screws, use the torque specs per the size given in the "general" torque chart found in most manuals...

But without such a chart, and having a small torque wrench that uses "inch #"(or the metric equivalent), for those screws, holding the stator and clutch covers, I think you'll find it's Not Much... A "hard hand tight" often does. but a tap with and impact driver should be More than enough. If not, it's probably time to renew the gasket.

You can't have too many manuals. Get the Real Suzuki Manual here:

Comment

Working...
      X