Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My New Honda

Quote Originally Posted by storm 64 View Post
    I just read a article about the Honda Monkey. I like it much better than the Grom by the way. I can't believe how much tech is in this bike. Fuel Injection, Antilock brakes, digital dash, LED lights... Looks like crazy fun! Way to go Jedz! 
    It was about as much as the TUX when I bought that brand new... The sad thing is you'd think it's a 125cc so it must be half the bike of the TUX but it actually is a much better bike than the TUX, way more tech and stock just as quick... Which is Sad.

These mini Honda bikes sell very well, I was glad to get a good deal on a LY model!

Congrats on your new Bike Norm!
    Jedz Moto
    2016 Yamaha FJ-09 Tracer - Fazer 900 The Mule
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125 - Back road discoverer
    2009 Yamaha Vmax - The Ver'Monster
    2015 Kymco Agility 125
    1994 Acura Integra. The Cheap ole' Honda
    2017 Honda Fit - The Cheap New Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedz123 View Post
    ...I just want to have fun and not hurt my self if I come off a machine...
    LOL, you have to be careful of that kind of thinking. I've seen some guys get really torn up on small bikes. My worst ever dirt bike get off was on an XR50.

But congrats on the bike, they are really cool.
    Rich Desmond
    1980 GS1000S
    2007 V-Strom 650
    2008 Ducati 848
    2002 DR-Z400S
    1999 SV650 (race bike)

Redman is offline Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Do tell us more of your adventures.

Fitting in that car, it must be small.
    But in some pictures, it sure looks even smaller.... or.... is that an automotive full size (temporary?) license plate....?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.

. I plan to do the NEBDR on it this summer as the trail goes right behind my house.

Now yer talkin. NEBDR is definitely the plan this year. Jo talked all his buddies into buying ADV bikes. He's very persuasive. At least he's not scaring me with that beemer rocket anymore.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqjChIgzP5Y
    1986 yamaha fazer 700 - for sale
    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
    82 gs1100L probably the next project
    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

bwringer is offline Forum LongTimer Bard Award Winner
    GSResource Superstar
    Super Site Supporter

NICE!

I rode a Grom once for maybe a mile; the lady across the street was selling her Grom and asked me to help get it going (just needed a new battery). Anyway it wasn't plated so I couldn't go far, but these tiny bikes are a hoot!

And as stated, the Monkey is just packed with gorgeous bits and tech. Really a neat bike. I mean, sure, the Grom is nice, but the Monkey is really next level up close. The Kawasaki Z125 is a Grom competitor that seems really cool too, especially in "competition" green...

As an aside, 95% of the data on the correct battery for the Grom was incorrect. No idea why... it took quite a bit of sleuthing and measuring to figure out the correct battery that was $40 at Napa, not a $150 Honda part.

Also, somewhere out there are similar pics of a GS1100G stuffed into a rented minivan. I will neither confirm or deny that the alleged perpetrator may have been JonR, and I think he had to remove the handlebars.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2002 DL1000 V-Strom, Dark Metallic Space Blue FOR SALE CHEEP!
    2005 KLR685 - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...

Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

Looks like fun. (but the yellow ones are faster.)

ps, your pup will love chasing you around the woods when you ride it.
    Last edited by B.C.G.S.; 02-27-2021 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bwringer View Post
    NICE!

I rode a Grom once for maybe a mile; the lady across the street was selling her Grom and asked me to help get it going (just needed a new battery). Anyway it wasn't plated so I couldn't go far, but these tiny bikes are a hoot!

And as stated, the Monkey is just packed with gorgeous bits and tech. Really a neat bike. I mean, sure, the Grom is nice, but the Monkey is really next level up close. The Kawasaki Z125 is a Grom competitor that seems really cool too, especially in "competition" green...

As an aside, 95% of the data on the correct battery for the Grom was incorrect. No idea why... it took quite a bit of sleuthing and measuring to figure out the correct battery that was $40 at Napa, not a $150 Honda part.

Also, somewhere out there are similar pics of a GS1100G stuffed into a rented minivan. I will neither confirm or deny that the alleged perpetrator may have been JonR, and I think he had to remove the handlebars.
    THANKS!

This bike is a Hoot! It's going to be great for my wheelie game as it pulls them very easily!
    I did just order the 186cc Big Bore Kit from DHM. There is some good long term reliability data with the stunters and as I plan to use mine for thumping through the woods than chasing triple digit numbers on my speedo it should hold up nicely. I talked to David from DHM about my build and the 186 is definitely the most torquey in the low RPM band of the kits and requires no bottom end modification to work well. He sent me links to what aftermarket setups I should use for my specific build and it will work out well! I sent the ECU out yesterday. The Piston comes pre gapped and installed in the nickel silicon carbide coated jug. Just swap the jug, use the stock head, swap the cam, swap the injector, install my reflashed ECU and fill with 91 octane. All David's work is dyno tuned and backed with his support in getting these bikes setup. The Monkey is basically the luxury model of the Grom so there is so much data... Going to be a fun bike to bomb on.

Big reason I left the TUX was there was no way to modify it to get more HP. With just this simple big bore kit the Monkey will make 5 more WHP than the TUX and weigh 100lbs less... Silly Suzuki.
    Jedz Moto
    2015 Kymco Agility 125
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

I still prefer the size and ergos of the VanVan or the TW200, but these little monsters are cool.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Quote Originally Posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
    I still prefer the size and ergos of the VanVan or the TW200, but these little monsters are cool.
    I'm thinking that 186cc kit in the Trail 125 may be just the ticket.
    Rich Desmond
    1980 GS1000S
    2007 V-Strom 650
    2008 Ducati 848
    2002 DR-Z400S
    1999 SV650 (race bike)

Quote Originally Posted by RichDesmond View Post
    I'm thinking that 186cc kit in the Trail 125 may be just the ticket.
    With a clutch swap to a Monkey or Grom. In the thumper community the centrifical clutches slip pretty fearce anything north of 140cc...

The Hunter Cub CT125 is on a several month wait list. The Monkey and the super Cub have nearly the same Ergos, I dare the say the Monkey was more comfy than the SuperCub I was also looking at. The Z125 price tag was less and I like the conventional clutch more. All I could think about was ripping the back trails...

Anyway so the CT125 isn't going to be that far off to the other Honda Minis in the Ergo department. The tires are different though might be better ground clearance?

Cheers!
    Jedz Moto
    2015 Kymco Agility 125