1982 Suzuki GS650L fuel leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 Suzuki GS650L fuel leak

Rode my first bike home 30 mins and then I ran out of fuel I either put it on prime after refueling or the previous owner had left it on that when he started it. I leaked most of the tank out. I recently opened the carbs and the parts all looked clean this leaves me to think it has to do with vacuum petcock. The previous owner said that this was a cheap one and I'm not sure if I should just buy an OEM or is the current one still useable?

https://imgur.com/0fXjGcW - petcock
    I was also confused about this nipple on the carb. I don't remember if I removed a hose from here or not. Would this nipple connect hose to the petcock?Carb.jpg

“Would this nipple connect hose to the petcock?”

yes, assuming you still have a vacuum style petcock . I’d worry about where this fuel leaked to.....open oil cap and give a sniff....smell like gas in there??
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I have a petcock to sell for this bike brand new if you're interested
      Last edited by timebombprod; 02-28-2021, 08:22 AM.
      Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
      1982 XS650

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
        “Would this nipple connect hose to the petcock?”

yes, assuming you still have a vacuum style petcock . I’d worry about where this fuel leaked to.....open oil cap and give a sniff....smell like gas in there??

Yes check the oil, a cheap petcock did the exact same to me and well, it can make your bike overheat if a good amount of gas gets in the oil.
        Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
        1982 XS650

Comment

Working...
        X