RIP HJFisk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP HJFisk

I’m not much for words so I’ll share his obituary that his daughter Megan wrote.

A few of us NE GSR members attended his service yesterday.

Harry James Fisk, 57, of Bernardston, MA., passed away in his home with his wife and daughter the morning of February 14, 2021 of a terminal illness. He was born on July 28, 1963 to Nancy Parsons and Arthur Fisk Sr. in Athol, MA.
    Harry graduated from high school at Franklin County Technical School in Turners Falls, MA in 1982. He studied carpentry which allowed him to become a successful, independent contractor. Soon after graduating, he met the love of his life, Kathleen Butler. They married on February 4, 1984 in Hinsdale, NH. To many, Harry James was known as Jim. He lived in several locations throughout New England as well as Texas and Florida during his lifetime before settling in Bernardston, MA in 2015.
    Harry was a hard worker his entire life. HJFisk General Contracting was very dependable and had many valuable customers, some of which he thought of as family. He loved the work he did and took on any challenge, reassuring others that if something needed fixing, he would fix it. Harry put his all into his work and would often say that "if a job is worth doing, you do it right."
    Harry had two daughters, Nicole and Megan Fisk. He was truly a family man who enjoyed spending time with his girls- whether it be at home, the race track, or going to dinner. In 2011 and 2012 he became a grandfather to Hayden James and Summer Ann Jutras. Harry loved spending time with his grandchildren doing various things such as cooking, swimming in the river, teaching them to ride the lawn tractor, and taking them to the farms where he did much of his work in his later years.
    When Harry wasn't working or spending time with family or friends, he was probably in his shop working on his passion, motorcycles. Harry went to watch races at New Hampshire Motor Speedway for years, where he eventually began racing himself as number 442. Later in life, Harry joined a motorcycle group, GS Resources, where he met several other riders who shared the same passion. His love for GS motorcycles continuously grew, and he custom-built several of them, one of which is known as "Roadkill", the poster child of GS Resources. His wife, Kathleen, was an enthusiastic passenger on many rides. Their longest ride together was from Colorado to Massachusetts where they explored many national parks and monuments along the way.
    Harry James Fisk is survived by: his wife, Kathleen Fisk of Bernardston, MA; his first born daughter Nicole Fisk (30), son-in-law Patrick Jutras (31), and two grandchildren Hayden (9) & Summer (8) of Greenfield, MA and second born daughter Megan Fisk (25) and her partner, Brandyn Snyder (31) of Petersburg, VA; his Mother, Nancy Parsons of Erving, MA; his father and step-mother, Arthur Fisk Sr. and Barbara Fisk of Princeton, ME; his brothers and sisters: Arthur (Roy) Fisk Jr. of Northfield, MA, Charles (Hank) Fisk of Erving, MA, Dorie Fisk of Wendell, MA and Jessica Fisk McPhail of Perry, ME; nieces and nephews, in-laws, his many friends he considered brothers, his loyal customers throughout Franklin County, MA, and his GS Motorcycle friends.
    A calling hour will be held at Kostanski Funeral Home 220 Federal St. in Greenfield, MA on February 27, 2021 from 10-11AM followed by a service at 11AM.
    A celebration of life will be held for Harry over the summer of 2021 at his family's convenience. For condolences, please visit www.kostanskifuneralhome.com.

To send flowers to the family or plant a tree in memory of Harry J. Fisk, please visit our floral store.

A picture of him during his racing days at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.

Attached Files
    Last edited by tas850g; 02-28-2021, 10:59 AM.
    1979 GS850G
    2004 SV650N track bike
    2005 TT-R125 pit bike
    LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

I hate reading things like this, though it was a beautiful obituary.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

R.I.P. Sad to hear of another one of the forum’s long timers passing.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

That's a beautiful obituary. I wish his family well.
        Ryan

1979 GS850G - currently undergoing a major overhaul
        1986 GSX-R750 - I'm figuring it out

Comment

Only 57 years old. It sure puts things in perspective. Dang, I'm sorry to hear about this.
          If someone wanted to start a collection, I'd chip in...
          My Motorcycles:
          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)
          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Wow, sorry to hear this; loved seeing his posts
            sigpic
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
              Only 57 years old. It sure puts things in perspective.
              It sure does.
              Last edited by RustyTank; 03-01-2021, 10:54 PM.
              Ryan

1979 GS850G - currently undergoing a major overhaul
              1986 GSX-R750 - I'm figuring it out

Comment

Another fine GS guy gone too soon. Condolences to the family.
                sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Gone way too soon. So sorry to read about these things. Condolences to the family.
                  Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                  '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                  '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                  '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                  '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

I recall seeing that name posting (but not recently).

THank you for the update.

Interesting that GSR mentioned in the obit.

And thank you, tas, and others, for representing GSR.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Very Sad!
                      1980 GS1000G - Sold
                      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Condolences to the Family.
                        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Fisk was a great dude. I missed seeing him at the last GMR due to extreme COVID-19 restrictions for work and now, again missed his service because of work. Bummed.

There will be a memorial ride planned once winter breaks up here. Looks like Memorial day 5-31 is the day his brother is planning. I'm guessing it will be around Northern Mass and Southern VT/NH which was Fisk's stomping grounds.

Todd, thanks for posting the Obituary. Fisk did so much for the GMR events and for fellow members that he's going to be greatly missed.

He was an awesome dude often rode with him on the GMR rides, boy that man could ride! He was a tall dude and the only guy I knew that could make a GS1000E look like a CT110 under him. What a bummer. I know from the last texts him and I sent back and forth his illness prevented him from riding ever again which was demoralizing for motorcycles was his passion. The man would give you the shirt off his back and many times he'd give up his riding time to get other riders fixed up for riding.

Roadkill is also a phenomenal bike in which I've had the pleasure to blast a few times on. Testament to his craft as a motorcycle builder and his passion to the Suzuki GS line.

So young 57, that's my parents age. Reminder to live life to the fullest for we aren't guaranteed tomorrow.

RIP buddy.
                          Last edited by Jedz123; 03-01-2021, 06:55 AM.
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                          Originally posted by Hayabuser
                          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Thanks for filling us in, Jedz and Tas. It's always sad to hear a member of the "family" is gone, even one I've never had the chance to meet.
                            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

So sorry for the loss. You can tell he will be greatly missed by the family and many others!
                              83 gs850
                              07 vtx1300c

Comment

Working...
                              X