Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Perils of Pot

argonsagas is offline Forum LongTimer Charter Member
    GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

Default Perils of Pot

I am sure there are many more incidents such as this one, but the warning should apply to all who have it around their homes or anywhere else that itis available t childrne.

From CP24 News, today.

Published Thursday, March 4, 2021 2:07PM EST
    A child was rushed to hospital by ambulance after mistaking a package of cannabis edibles for a common candy and eating some in a Toronto apartment this week.
    On March 2 at about 9:30 p.m., police say two children and their mother were in their apartment in the southern part of Scarborough when one of the kids found a package of candy.
    Investigators said the package of candy was labelled “Buzzy Peaches” and the child ate one of the edibles inside.
    “The mother immediately called for an ambulance when she discovered what had happened,” investigators said Thursday.
    Paramedics arrived and took the child to hospital where they were treated and released.
    “Initial investigation has revealed the product was purchased legally and no criminal charges are expected at this time,” police said.
    Police are urging all parents to keep cannabis products locked and well out of sight from children.
    “Since many of these products have similar packaging to non-cannabis products, it is also strongly recommended that children cannot see or have access to the place in which they are stored,” investigators said.
    "The only thing worse than ignorance is arrogance." AE

Sounds like the mother handled it well enough, given the circumstance. I'm glad pot is being legalized in more and more states. In time, just as with alcohol, people will learn how and where to store it if they have kids around.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

There's been attempts at getting the packaging to look less like candy but as can be expected the "it's just a harmless plant, man!" crowd won't tow the line. I'm all for legalization, I'm also all for responsible use.
    1983 Naked Goldwing Interstate GL1100

1982 GS450txz (former bike)

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it" ~ Upton Sinclair

The " mother " should lose her right to purchase the dope. Dopes with dope are a recipe for disaster.

That is one silly story.
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

"Another marijuana-related death."

From "X-Cops", an original SNL skit starring Aykroyd and Belushi.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

I have a feeling it was a recreational state, the medical state packaging is all white and has a big THC warning label, nonetheless the packaging in recreational states makes it look like, well candy obviously. They need to store stuff better but also the packaging needs to not look like it's something you buy in a convenience store, should be all white with a THC warning and what type of edible it is.
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ

Want a "twin" for my bike

Quote Originally Posted by timebombprod View Post
    I have a feeling it was a recreational state, the medical state packaging is all white and has a big THC warning label, nonetheless the packaging in recreational states makes it look like, well candy obviously. They need to store stuff better but also the packaging needs to not look like it's something you buy in a convenience store, should be all white with a THC warning and what type of edible it is.
    Michigan was medical only and is now fully legal for rec as well. Packaging has NEVER been labeled as such there nor is it in Colorado or Illinois.
    1983 Naked Goldwing Interstate GL1100

1982 GS450txz (former bike)

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it" ~ Upton Sinclair

Baatfam is online now Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Don't much worry about it....my kids are all grown, and can buy their own pot...
    Bob T.

"That which you manifest is before you." -- Enzo
    "I always prefer to believe the best of everybody, it saves so much trouble." -- Rudyard Kipling
    "...for our existence to hold any value, it must end. To live meaningful lives, we must die and not return." -- Number Six

'83 GS1100E ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '99 TRIUMPH TROPHY 900 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Quote Originally Posted by timebombprod View Post
    Not a state at all. The incident took place in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
    '83 GS650G
    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)