Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Perils of Pot

My issue with the packaging is they sell empty packaging on ebay and other sites that look like kids candy and the get filled with who knows what, the illegal market is full of that crap.

Still though it should be packaged like generic brand stuff, something that's not meant to be consumed by a kid shouldn't look like something that appeals to them
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ

Want a "twin" for my bike

earlfor is offline Forum LongTimer Charter Member
    GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

Much ado about nothing. Why is that any different than if the kid had drank her mother's beer, or ate a couple of rumballs??
    I support entropy for all.

Quote Originally Posted by BigD_83 View Post
    Not a state at all. The incident took place in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
    When one replaces state with jurisdiction your limited understanding is no longer a basis for smugness.
    1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

Quote Originally Posted by earlfor View Post
    Much ado about nothing. Why is that any different than if the kid had drank her mother's beer, or ate a couple of rumballs??
    Typical of the drivel oft posted.
    Lets have a moral panic anyway.
    Why let an individual parents stupidity prevent us from thinking the sky is falling.

Or played with a gun?????
    1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    When one replaces state with jurisdiction your limited understanding is no longer a basis for smugness.
    He was obviously not referring to the term " state " in that sense .... He specifically referred to a " recreational state " and the packaging used in a " medicinal state " .....Nothing smug at all... Just informative of the location it happened in ......
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Quote Originally Posted by earlfor View Post
    Zactly right, then panic and call an ambulance?
    The kid was maybe a bit high for the afternoon, not different from a very mild case of the flu.
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

But it sure serves as a great rallying call for a certain set of folks to drag Nancy Reagan pics out of the mothballs and wax pathetic.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

When I was young, I used to use pot, hash and a couple other cannabis related things. They used to give me the giggles. Then I got a job with an airline and for 36 years, no pot. Finally retired, moved to the mountains and , with antici......pation, tried my first pipe. Oofah ! No giggles, no buzz, no relaxation. It felt exactly like I
    had a huge hangover. Dizziness, nausea. It was horrible. Tried 3 more times using different methods,
    same thing. I decided to stick with alcohol.

Mad
    83 GS750E
    2006 ZX14
    2004 KTM 450 EXC
    2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Wow, that's too bad Mr devil. I still like my weed but usually eat it these days.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqjChIgzP5Y
    1986 yamaha fazer 700 - for sale
    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
    82 gs1100L probably the next project
    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

argonsagas is offline Forum LongTimer Charter Member
    GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
    But it sure serves as a great rallying call for a certain set of folks to drag Nancy Reagan pics out of the mothballs and wax pathetic.
    Sho nuff duz!

And dem fotos is cummin up from da valt rat now so day can reemin dat der is sum what kip der eers closd and wont lissen to simpl warns.

This is from Colorado Children.s Hospital

How do the symptoms of smoking differ from ingestion?

After smoking or inhaling marijuana, the onset of symptoms is quick (within 5 to 30 minutes), but symptoms typically do not last long (a couple of hours).

In contrast, after ingestion of marijuana in the form of food or beverage, the onset of symptoms can take as long as one to four hours, and symptoms can last for several hours.
    How does this differ in younger kids?

The most common overdose incidents in children occur when the drug has been combined with food in an "edible" form of marijuana. This is because marijuana ingested in this manner can have a stronger and prolonged effect, especially in children under the age of 12 years old.

In these instances, kids mistake "edible" marijuana (like gummy bears, brownies, lollipops, etc.) for regular food and eat it unknowingly. Small children are at higher risk based on their size and weight. Because edible products have very high amounts of marijuana, the symptoms are more severe on a small child. Many young children who consume marijuana edibles require hospital admission due to the severity of their symptoms.
    What are the long-term effects of marijuana on children?

The long-term effect of acute marijuana exposures on children is unknown, as it has not been systematically studied. Because we don't yet have the research and science findings to know the full effects, doctors do not fully understand marijuana's long-term effects on children after acute exposures.
    "The only thing worse than ignorance is arrogance." AE