Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny Car/Motorcycle Stories

Remember in the 70's-80's when the compact car was very popular? Well, if you get four or five teenagers, you can pick up the rear of the car and move it. That's what us guys did!
    It was on a Christmas eve I think. Some folks in the neighborhood were having a party. Cars parked in the driveway and on the street. We would lift and move the rear of the cars sideways into the front lawn or way out into the street. I still laugh thinking about when the people came out to see their cars all moved around! 😅
    My Motorcycles:
    21 Triumph Tiger 900 GT (coming to a town near you)
    16 Yamaha FJR1300 (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    82 750e (parts Bike)
    80 KZ650f (needs restored)

Quote Originally Posted by storm 64 View Post
    Remember in the 70's-80's when the compact car was very popular? Well, if you get four or five teenagers, you can pick up the rear of the car and move it. That's what us guys did!
    It was on a Christmas eve I think. Some folks in the neighborhood were having a party. Cars parked in the driveway and on the street. We would lift and move the rear of the cars sideways into the front lawn or way out into the street. I still laugh thinking about when the people came out to see their cars all moved around! 
    Did that at a party. Lifted a small Fiat van into a field and hid it behind some trees. We left him sweat for a bit at 3 am looking for it. Then we all piled in for the trip back into town. None of us were fit to drive. About a hundred yards up the black country road a girl backpacker was hitching! I know, unthinkable now. Anyway our 'driver' pulled over, asked where she was going, to town, good. Paused and then asked if she could drive, yes. Another pause and he gets out, motor running and got in the back with the rest of us leaving her to make a decision. She got in and drove us home
    80 GS850GT
    79 Z400B

Quote Originally Posted by timebombprod View Post
    Before I had my license but after i got my permit I used to take my moms car out every night.
    I did the same thing. I'd take the care out and hop on I-5 south, drive for a few hours. On my way back one night, just a minute or two from home, I passed a gas station with 4 or 5 police cars. One of the cops blinked his flashlight on and off at me, which thoroughly freaked me out. It wasn't until I parked the car at home that I realized my headlights weren't on. I must've accidentally turned them off at some point. Have no idea how long I'd been driving with them off
    1979 GS850G, currently being rebuilt from the frame up. We shall see how that go's
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time" - Leo Tolstoy
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken" - Oscar Wilde
    "Do things for people not because of who they are or what they do in return, but because of who you are" - Harold S. Kushner

Quote Originally Posted by RustyTank View Post
    I did the same thing. I'd take the care out and hop on I-5 south, drive for a few hours. On my way back one night, just a minute or two from home, I passed a gas station with 4 or 5 police cars. One of the cops blinked his flashlight on and off at me, which thoroughly freaked me out. It wasn't until I parked the car at home that I realized my headlights weren't on. I must've accidentally turned them off at some point. Have no idea how long I'd been driving with them off
    The paranoia hits hard when you know you're doing something wrong lol.

I do miss those long nights of driving, haven't taken a drive like that in a while, used to get "lost" on purpose by driving past my turn but I'd just eventually just do a 180 and go back.

I've also got home after actually taking a wrong turn and being lost, makes you realise how easy it is to get back on track without a GPS. I've wrote directions on the back of a business card to get to a town an hour away and made it there just fine, and rewrote the directions for the way back on the same card lol. I'll have to get a picture
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
    1982 XV750

Got a twin

Snapchat-2126209406.jpg

From springhill to plant city and back lol
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
    1982 XV750

Got a twin

The paranoia hits hard when you know you're doing something wrong lol.
    Ain't it the truth.
    1979 GS850G, currently being rebuilt from the frame up. We shall see how that go's
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time" - Leo Tolstoy
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken" - Oscar Wilde
    "Do things for people not because of who they are or what they do in return, but because of who you are" - Harold S. Kushner

I had to bleed the brakes on my '72 Fiat 124 Sport Coupe and asked my wife to help. I'd say down and she'd push down, I'd loosen and nothing. Up again and retry. I was under the car for ages. That car has a primitive fluid limiter that eases the rear braking under nose dive, it's a lever attached to the axle and frame. I got out the jack and lifted by the axle rather than the jacking point to eliminate that as the problem. Back at it, same problem. I must have been under the car for 30 minutes. Finally I asked her 'which pedal are you pushing'. She was hitting the gas pedal. OMG.
    Tom

Back when I was working at a bike shop that sold used bikes, a guy came in and wanted to buy our 1999 green ZX9. We asked about his riding experience and he assured us that he had plenty of time on bikes. So, he paid his money and we showed him all the functions of the bike. I watched him a bit concerned as he wobbled away. About 5 minutes later, he walks back in the shop, covered in dust and scrapes on his jacket. He sheepishly asked if we could help him pick up his new bike that was now laying in the street a block away. He sold the bike back to us at a discount. Never saw him again.

Mad
    83 GS750E
    2006 ZX14
    2004 KTM 450 EXC
    2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Quote Originally Posted by oldGSfan View Post
    I had to bleed the brakes on my '72 Fiat 124 Sport Coupe and asked my wife to help. I'd say down and she'd push down, I'd loosen and nothing. Up again and retry. I was under the car for ages. That car has a primitive fluid limiter that eases the rear braking under nose dive, it's a lever attached to the axle and frame. I got out the jack and lifted by the axle rather than the jacking point to eliminate that as the problem. Back at it, same problem. I must have been under the car for 30 minutes. Finally I asked her 'which pedal are you pushing'. She was hitting the gas pedal. OMG.
    Lmfao that's a good one
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
    1982 XV750

Got a twin

Yeah she's a gem. Every once in a while I'll ask her if she can help me bleed the carbs.

Just a few weeks ago I used a 1 gallon vinegar bottle to put some used diluted and dirty muriatic acid in. I put a piece of masking tape around the top with XXX Poison XXX and a skull, and left it in the garage. She was short on vinegar and found it & put in her delicious sweet and sour pork. Only a tablespoon or two. WTF! So I'm about to chomp down on the first bite of dinner, and my eye catches the bottle on the counter. Damn, in retrospect I'd rather have eaten it and not told anyone! So now I tease her cooking with the occasional 'needs more acid'.

Lmfao that's a good one
    Tom