Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny Car/Motorcycle Stories

Default Funny Car/Motorcycle Stories

By looking at some of your first car pictures there has to be a story in there somewhere.

My friend stole his moms car and we took it out for a joyride. Burning rubber at every chance he could. We were leaving the school parking lot. My buddy pulled a little to far into the street. Instead of putting it in reverse and calmly backing up. He drops it in reverse and stomps it! He smashed right into the front of the car behind us! Then he drops it into drive and smokes the tire as we speed away. Oh, and leaving behind his license plate. We didn't see much of Bob that summer. His mom didn't like me. She thought I was the trouble maker...🌞
    My Motorcycles:
    21 Triumph Tiger 900 GT (coming to a town near you)
    16 Yamaha FJR1300 (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    82 750e (parts Bike)
    80 KZ650f (needs restored)

Yep, that's normal, My little Johnny wouldn't do nuthin like that, Gotta be someone else's fault
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

My third car was a gas sipping 1973 Subaru four door that I bought for $50. It was too small for me to fit behind the wheel comfortably so I yanked the back seat out and moved the drivers seat back far enough to easily fit. I'd roll down the back window and hang my arm out in the warmer weather just to blow the "citizens" minds. The tops of the front fenders and shock towers where completely rusted out which caused the tires to lean inward at the top. Since it was a flat four engine I was able to pull the spare tire out from under the hood and put it in the space that used to be the back seat then jacked the front of the car up to get the tires back to vertical. Measured the distance between what was left of the shock towers, cut an old drive shaft to that length and welded it in place which corrected the problem. Drove it for almost a full year after that and sold it for $100.

Quote Originally Posted by LAB3 View Post
    My third car was a gas sipping 1973 Subaru four door that I bought for $50. It was too small for me to fit behind the wheel comfortably so I yanked the back seat out and moved the drivers seat back far enough to easily fit. I'd roll down the back window and hang my arm out in the warmer weather just to blow the "citizens" minds. The tops of the front fenders and shock towers where completely rusted out which caused the tires to lean inward at the top. Since it was a flat four engine I was able to pull the spare tire out from under the hood and put it in the space that used to be the back seat then jacked the front of the car up to get the tires back to vertical. Measured the distance between what was left of the shock towers, cut an old drive shaft to that length and welded it in place which corrected the problem. Drove it for almost a full year after that and sold it for $100.

That's livin right there.
    1979 GS850G, currently being rebuilt from the frame up. We shall see how that go's

"The two most powerful warriors are patience and time" - Leo Tolstoy

" Be yourself, everyone else is already taken" - Oscar Wilde

"Do things for people not because of who they are or what they do in return, but because of who you are" - Harold S. Kushner

Quote Originally Posted by RustyTank View Post
    That's livin right there.
    The guy that bought it from me ended up becoming a Subaru fan, you just couldn't kill that car! We joked that after a nuclear blast the only thing left would be cockroaches and Subaru's. One night with a cold keg on ice and several loosely rolled cigarettes being passed around we ended up putting 4 sets of curb feelers on it to give it that look. He ended up with about 10 of those cars of a similar vintage in his yard and when an amateur airplane builder found out he bought them all in one package for the engines.
    1983 Naked Goldwing Interstate GL1100

1982 GS450txz (former bike)

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it" ~ Upton Sinclair

Quote Originally Posted by LAB3 View Post
    The guy that bought it from me ended up becoming a Subaru fan, you just couldn't kill that car! We joked that after a nuclear blast the only thing left would be cockroaches and Subaru's. One night with a cold keg on ice and several loosely rolled cigarettes being passed around we ended up putting 4 sets of curb feelers on it to give it that look. He ended up with about 10 of those cars of a similar vintage in his yard and when an amateur airplane builder found out he bought them all in one package for the engines.
    Whoa! HA! What a fun story
    Last edited by RustyTank; 03-06-2021 at 06:12 PM.
    1979 GS850G, currently being rebuilt from the frame up. We shall see how that go's

"The two most powerful warriors are patience and time" - Leo Tolstoy

" Be yourself, everyone else is already taken" - Oscar Wilde

"Do things for people not because of who they are or what they do in return, but because of who you are" - Harold S. Kushner

marvinsc is offline Forum LongTimer GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

When My Cousin's son was a teenager he and some friends were camping out one night. Sometime in the wee hours he and his buddies took a car that was sitting in a local yard for sale for a joy ride. They got caught and being under 18 years old were returned to their parents to work things out. My Cousin asked the owner if he would be pressing charges and he said "Lord no, all I want to know is how they got it started. Every time someone comes to test drive it, it won't start!" LOL
    2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

My parents left town for a week cause my dad had some convention to go to in St.Louis

I come down the stairs into the kitchen and see the keys to dads 69 firebird (400-4speed) on top of the fridge.

I was fifteen, I drove it to school, had a blast cruising it around.

The day after they came back they sat me down to inform me that a teacher called and told them I'd been driving, My dad said he knew I'd had it out anyway,

What surprised me is that was all there was said about it? No getting grounded, nothing?

When I got my first car my cousin was always trying to get me to race him. At school or hangin with friends he just would aggravate me to no end about racing him.

He had Toyota supra that the previous owner dumped some money into and many people said it was quick for what it was and I knew it would outrun my bone stock monte carlo. I told him this but he liked to hassle me about racing him every chance he would see me.

So one day in rush hour traffic I'm speeding, a lot more than I care to admit to. I fly by a car dealership at a high rate of speed and there is a cop car in the dealership and he comes out and weaving through traffic and I'm thinking he's coming after me.

Cop doesn't hit his lights or anything and I come up to a red light and cops about six seven cars behind me, I see him looking at me in my rearview.

I look over to my right and who do I see? My cousin who is always wanting to race and calling my car stock junk/

So we agree//On the green light we"re going to get it on and do this race thing.

Light turns green and he gets on it and is tearin through the gears, I putt away nice and easy and cop goes after him and pulls him over.

I never, ever heard anything about racing from him again or that particular incident.

Before I had my license but after i got my permit I used to take my moms car out every night, at the time my brother was the one driving it so he would never notice. My first night of taking it out a cop passed by me and nothing happened and that is when I realised they dont have an invisible detector to tell who's driving, and many nights that car was taken out after realizing that. I've had a couple close calls because I usually had to parallel park coming in from the grass, I've got back home and successfully parked just a few minutes before my stepdad went to work and if I got caught that wouldve been a very bad thing. Finally got my license and that is when I was doing the same thing, having to get out between a car and the garage and this time I slammed into my brothers car (got his own car couple months back) and cracked his front bumper completely, $450 later and he had a brand new freshly painted bumper.

I've also had the same car overheat and I didnt know what to do but had my buddy with me and hes not the brightest, but is still kinda smart, well he saw that the coolant was low and it was raining at the time so we ended up scooping rainwater out of people's driveway and filling the coolant reservoir with that. I've had the car overheat one time after that and the funny thing was I was talking about that instance right before it happened and I'm lucky that happened because if not I would've called a tow for having not enough coolant in the car.

This car has been through hell and back on my many adventures and I've also had to get most of the front end replaced, I have lots of stories with the car but those two are the funny ones. If you ever get a speeding ticket use the ticket clinic
    Last edited by timebombprod; 03-07-2021 at 04:59 AM.
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ

Want a "twin" for my bike