No announcement yet.

82 gs750 6 sigma stage 3 kit problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so I stuck a small peice of tape over the little port on the back of the carb on the right side not the air jet screw but the other one and it seems to be running without a problem?!? Lol
    1982 GS750 T

Comment

Originally posted by Cbphillips812 View Post
      Ok so I stuck a small peice of tape over the little port on the back of the carb on the right side not the air jet screw but the other one and it seems to be running without a problem?!? Lol
      Couldn't tell you what that means!
      Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
      1982 XS650

Comment

Yea I mean it is running great real smooth no choppyness
        1982 GS750 T

Comment

Cb, do you mean the one the red arrow is pointing to in this pic? If so, it should be blocked. You have a 750 T, like mine, but I’m running stock airbox, so can’t help you with jetting problems, but may be able to help with lots of other stuff. Love to see another T on the forum.

Sorry if I may have come come across as a bit gruff in my first response to you. But it is helpful for those trying to help you, if you try to collect your thoughts in one post, rather than to keep making posts. It looks like a one-sided conversation, all you.

Here’s some useful stuff to consider:

Make a signature with your bike year and model, then you’ll never have to remember to type that. And people won’t have to go back and see if you included that info in the first post of the thread.

If you haven’t already, read through the top 10 Newbie mistakes thread. Linked in my Signature.

If you don’t have one already, download a factory Service manual from BikeCliff’s website, this one- GS750 (16-valve; LT, LX, EX) Service Manual (17MB) is not exact but close enough for most things. another extremely valuable resource. Bookmark that site. Linked in my signature. Here’s a link to a supplement for the T, very helpful with lots of things specific to this model.

If you’re interested in posting pictures, you need to have pics on a pic hosting site like Imgur. Instructions linked in my signature.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

20210307_182948.jpg no, its the one on the back where the filter goes
            1982 GS750 T

Comment

And I was trying to figure out how to add my bike to my signature but couldn't find it, and it's all good man I understand what you were say bike had me so frustrated, but I've been riding it all day with the tape on it and it's been running smoothly, I seen on the dynojet kits they come with a little metal plug with a smaller hole in it that gets glued into that port I'm going to try and find time rubber plugs I can drill a small hole in and put in there instead of the tape lol
              1982 GS750 T

Comment

For signature go to settings at the top right of any page, then look in the left column.
                Rich
                1982 GS 750TZ
                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Ok so its the main air jet passage I have to block off for it to run right
                  1982 GS750 T

Comment

Ok so its the main air jet passage I have to block off for it to run right
                    That's odd right? That seems odd
                    Ryan

1979 GS850G - currently undergoing a major overhaul
                    1986 GSX-R750 - I'm figuring it out

Comment

Yea really odd but through alot of searches I found a form from a guy in the uk that had some main air correctors he said the company didn't make them any more but they were a must back in the day for kz and gs when you put pods on them
                      1982 GS750 T

Comment

Yea really odd but through alot of searches I found a form from a guy in the uk that had some main air correctors he said the company didn't make them any more but they were a must back in the day for kz and gs when you put pods on them
                        ..CV carbs?
                        Ryan

1979 GS850G - currently undergoing a major overhaul
                        1986 GSX-R750 - I'm figuring it out

Comment

Ya cv carbs bs32 I believe
                          1982 GS750 T

Comment

Dynojet kit setup is way easier than this....
                            1980 GS1000G - Sold
                            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
                              Dynojet kit setup is way easier than this....
                              Ditto... ...
                              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Ya I wish I would of pay the extra for the dynojet, does anyone understand why I have to block them air ports do I need bigger mains? That's what I'm leaning towards
                                1982 GS750 T

Comment

Working...
                                X