No announcement yet.

82 gs750 6 sigma stage 3 kit problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Besides the stage 3 kit, only thing different is I installed the rubber plug under the pilot jet it didn't have them when I took the carb apart should they be in there
    1982 GS750 T

Comment

Guessing no one knows why I have to block that air port for them to run right?
      1982 GS750 T

Comment

When I bought my 11E eight years ago it ran great with stock air box and V&H 4-into-1. I installed APE pods and it was unrideable. I had to cover about 90% of the pods with tape to get it to run good. My mechanic asked me to spring for a Dynojet stage 3 kit, which I did. He said it was then relatively easy to jet it on his dyno, though he didn't give me specifics.

So I'd say if blocking off some of the air improves it, it's not getting enough fuel.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

But its just the small main air jet that has to be blocked not the one with the air jet screw but on the other side of the back of the carb
          1982 GS750 T

Comment

And I'm running 135s and 137.5 mains I feel like that should be plenty of fuel
            1982 GS750 T

Comment

You probably block that air jet to compensate for something in the middle of the throttle would be my guess. The later carb kits from DJ do something similar with a restrictor.

I don’t see how you’re going to get a good setup without a needle. Your mains sound way too big to me. Yes you need to plug the bottom of the main jet, without it the bike will pull through there at idle instead of using the pilot jet....
              1980 GS1000G - Sold
              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
              X