Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New project Bike

Because I had to drill a size larger to get the remaining bolt bits out, I need to pull the engine Out of the frame and check if I accidentally drilled through anything important in there... donít know why I thought it would be okay to drill deeper and deeper cause someone said ďgo up a bit size and go deeper/ repeat till bolt comes outĒ for some reason I followed that advice too literally instead of using common sense... But I need to disconnect the shaft drive. Iíve removed all 8 bolts down there underneath the rubber boot. How do I disconnect it?

You shouldn’t need to take the engine out of the frame to remove the head (unless you’re looking for more work). If you do take the head off, common wisdom says to go ahead and remove the barrels so you can replace the base gasket as well. Base gaskets are prone to leaking once the head has been removed (so I’ve read). Take the opportunity to rebuild cam chain tensioner. Replace all gaskets from the base up. Isn’t it great how one thing leads to another?

Turns out I did drill a little bit too deep. Drilled a hole through the spark plug and the threads for the spark plug.

I’m guessing that that part of the engine is ruined because after looking at the other exhaust stud holes, they only go about an inch before you run into solid metal... I drilled through that and went straight to the spark plug. Someone mentioned hitting an oil passage if I drill too deep.
    Last edited by BlackThunder; 04-07-2021 at 05:57 PM.