Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
    SO make it the same
    SO it's stuck and I can't extract it. Is there a way I can remove it without damaging it?

Due to the rust on it before, when I loosened the nut, it twisted the bolt out, too. But now, it doesn't grip like that anymore.
    1980 GS550E

Comment

Originally posted by ZombiePotatoSalad View Post
      The problem is the nut. It doesn't want to tighten. I believe it reaches the end of the thread before it fully tightens enough to hold the head down.
      Just add some washers. It's what a PO did on one of mine.
      #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
      #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
      #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
      #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Found the issue: the valves are bent. All of them show varying degrees of light when a flashlight is shone under them. I'm going to replace all of them. I don't think that the valves have ever been replaced on this thing, or it's been a long time.
        Where can I get a set of intake and exhaust valves for a good price? And they're all 32, right?

This naturally begs the question: will any 32mm(?) valve work, or do I need to find specific ones?
        Last edited by ZombiePotatoSalad; 03-19-2021, 08:26 PM.
        1980 GS550E

Comment

Working...
        X