Crazy language restrictions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
    I'm just glad we can freely discuss petcocks now. That particular filter was kind of annoying.
    Me too! They make great house pets, even if you don't have a big yard for them to run in.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Several years ago one of my neighbors asked me to help him install a door. Gilbert was a chain smoker and had a 50 word vocabulary. He would yell at his wife " Etta get me the effing hammer! After a while I had enough of it and decided to use some colorful language myself. The door frame was all twisted and and I screamed " You somnambulistic cauliflower headed son of a turnip! And then I threw in a few other colored vegetables as well. Gilbert stopped and stood back and looked at me as if I had gone completely crazy. I could see him out of the corner of my eye. He never swore around me after that though!

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
        Bruce Cockburn is a washed up entertainer.
        Don't let my wife hear you say that!
        -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Originally posted by allojohn View Post
          Don't let my wife hear you say that!
          Does she have a rocket launcher?
          Used his name cos I got yelled at by an understandably upset though concomitantly psychotic lady trying to register for an online account.
          Cockburn was banned by some witless titsacks who Admin the LDAP.

But then I had to endure another idjit telling us not to use "Charlie" as it was offensive to really dimwitted members of a sub-section of humanity who inexplicably thought like a lower echelon customer service Bell manager\CEGEP marketing grad.
          1983 GS 550 LD
          2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Does she have a rocket launcher?
            She wished she had one for the last four years... she'd make some bastard pay.....LOL!
            -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

I find it amusing that the people griping about the forum haven't bothered to contribute to its upkeep
              1978 GS 1000 (since new)
              1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
              1978 GS 1000 (parts)
              1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
              1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
              1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
              2007 DRz 400S
              1999 ATK 490ES
              1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
                I find it amusing that the people griping about the forum haven't bothered to contribute to its upkeep
                Interesting point. You including me in that reference?
                Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
                  I was hesitant to contribute financially, since Frank hasn't responded to me when I offered to help running the site (a simple "thanks, but no" would've been sufficient) and he deliberately delisted the forum from google.
                  Also, "our" Library is hosted by bwringer. Furthermore, regarding upkeep, I have some ideas, but: I'm not really complaining, since it's a free service.

Anyway; since we're back on google, I just chipped in.

(Do I now get to complain loudly?)
                  #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
                  #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
                  #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
                  #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                    Interesting point. You including me in that reference?
                    Nope, just the other gripers
                    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                    2007 DRz 400S
                    1999 ATK 490ES
                    1994 DR 350SES

Comment

I contribute every year or three, but the site is, as Roeme said, free, as should be the opportunity to complain, since paying has no bearing on getting one's way here, nor should it.
                      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                        I contribute every year or three, but the site is, as Roeme said, free, as should be the opportunity to complain, since paying has no bearing on getting one's way here, nor should it.
                        Disagree. Pay up or shut up.

My personal contribution this year was in the way of offering up several of my factory Suzuki service manuals to the community here with the proviso that the taker contributes to the site. I'm a huge believer that contributors have earned the right to have their say.
                        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                          Disagree. Pay up or shut up.

My personal contribution this year was in the way of offering up several of my factory Suzuki service manuals to the community here with the proviso that the taker contributes to the site. I'm a huge believer that contributors have earned the right to have their say.
                          When the site becomes pay-for-play, maybe. Until then, a silly statement.
                          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

My take, FWIW, on 'censorship' of naughty words on this or any forum is that it's entirely specious and a childish and anachronistic indictment on freedom of expression.

The ironic aspect of it is everyone knows exactly what naughty words a person may get censored, i.e if I type in (really, I have to insert an image for these words? Are the mods here 8 years old?) in a message to accentuate a point, no matter how the forum moderates those words, the meaning and context is still apparent.

Like oddly prudish folk who only 'swear' using alternative words that aren't otherwise deemed offensive, censoring or moderating a forum in the same manner doesn't diminish the intent, it diminishes and disrespects the intelligence and maturity of both the writer and readers of the post.

Much like pregnancy, you can't be half-profane.

Either 'swear' or don't.

Or maybe just scroll on past if naughty words make you feel all icky in the tummy.
                            Last edited by pmcburney; 03-17-2021, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pmcburney View Post
                              My take, FWIW, on 'censorship' of naughty words on this or any forum is that it's entirely specious and a childish and anachronistic indictment on freedom of expression.

The ironic aspect of it is everyone knows exactly what naughty words a person may get censored, i.e if I type in (really, I have to insert an image for these words? Are the mods here 8 years old?) in a message to accentuate a point, no matter how the forum moderates those words, the meaning and context is still blatantly apparent.

Like oddly prudish folk who only 'swear' using alternative words that aren't otherwise deemed offensive, censoring or moderating a forum in the same manner doesn't diminish the intent, it diminishes and disrespects the intelligence and maturity of both the writer and readers of the post.

Much like pregnancy, you can't be half-profane.

Either 'swear' or don't.

Or maybe just scroll on past if naughty words make you feel all icky in the tummy.
                              Judas Priest!!!
                              1983 GS 550 LD
                              2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Hey cock can be used. George Carlin "its in the bible! Cock is in the bible!
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40Bm2Jb5pVQ
                                1982 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Working...
                                X