• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wingsconsin View Post
    ... (or check the tire sidewall)

42 psi
    Carl, I think you missed a word there.

MAXIMUM inflation pressure = 42 psi. However, if your bike is not loaded near the maximum allowable weight, you don't need the MAXIMUM inflation pressure.

It's also important to note that "back in the day", the maximum pressure on the tires was about 36 psi. Today's tires need to go to 42 for their maximum load, so the 25 psi recommended in the manual might translate to about 30-32 psi for the same load.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

WD40 is a good “on the road” lube for tires.... ru-glyde is sold by the gallon at Napa
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

20210320_223124.jpg
        I tired more psi but 28 is fine.

Comment

Back to the hub ("joint assembly") in the rear wheel.
          To inspect for wear, you really need to remove it from the wheel, especaily if you are not real familiar with the wear pattern. THe end of the spines that you see when it is still mounted in the wheel are not effected by the wear pattern.

A worn "gold colored" '82, compared to a current replacement new one (although turned the other way).

On the worn one, you can see the wear is not all the way across the spline, the unworn end is what you see when the hub is still in the wheel.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
          X