Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1983 GS850GL - Airbox drain tube replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1983 GS850GL - Airbox drain tube replacement?

Hi GSResources,

I've been getting my bike ready for the summer and have been doing general maintenance as well as replacing worn parts. One of which is the airbox drain tube, callout #9, part #13870-11458 here:

Shop online for OEM Air Cleaner parts that fit your 1983 Suzuki GS850GL, search all our OEM Parts or call at 888-987-6361

However, after ordering from Suzuki Parts Monster, I find they've sent me 13870-11459, not 11458. Even my receipt says 11458. This is for a drain tube for other models, it doesn't fit anywhere on a GS850

So they said 11458 was superseded by 11459. So I've been asking if there is someone at their supplier I can talk to about this because it is not even close to a replacement for what I need. I figure it must be a simple system mistake but alas, they won't answer that question after 3 times of trying.

Does anyone know how to get the actual replacement for this drain tube? It has a specific end to it with a rubber flange that sits in the side of the airbox.

Thanks

Partsoutlaw claims to have them.....it’s different from the 81 gs850

Shop online for OEM Air Cleaner parts that fit your 1983 Suzuki GS850GL, search all our OEM Parts or call at 386-740-2452
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
      Partsoutlaw claims to have them.....it’s different from the 81 gs850

https://www.partsoutlaw.com/oemparts...4a/air-cleaner
      Thanks, I reached out to them to see if they bring up the wrong part number when they search 11458 as well.

I've found this part on a few other bikes from that time but I'm afraid every Suzuki OEM parts site will run into the same problem because they all use the same system and format.

Comment

there's a couple on ebay. one has pics, you'll have to look and see if this is what you're looking for. The other just shows a part #.

Get the best deals for 13870-11458 at eBay.com. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items!
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Does this missing drain hose appear to connect to bottom left side of airbox? The early 850 had drain hose about in middle bottom like the 650 ....picture shows a bigger fitting than what’s on the 650
          1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
            there's a couple on ebay. one has pics, you'll have to look and see if this is what you're looking for. The other just shows a part #.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...11458&_sacat=0
            Hi Rich,

That hose shown does not appear to be the hose I need. Once I get home I'll grab whats left of mine and have a picture for you all.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
              Does this missing drain hose appear to connect to bottom left side of airbox? The early 850 had drain hose about in middle bottom like the 650 ....picture shows a bigger fitting than what’s on the 650
              Hi Tom,

Yes, its on the bottom left side. Currently have it taped up and taped an old fuel filter to the crankcase breather tube.

Thanks

Comment

I’d probably jusT get the 11458 part and adapt a bushing (out of hose) to fit snugly into airbox hole and hold the 11458 part vertically at same time. There’s some kind of screw up with part fiches here.
                1981 gs650L

Comment

Working...
                X