Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying to change look on 1982 Suzuki Gs450ga

Gorminrider is offline Forum Sage Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

It hurts to leave a "deal" but sounds shady. I've bought and re-registered a bike with LOST papers but I knew the provenance and checked it out per theft ahead of time...and I got a receipt with seller's address, Drivers licence and their receipt from who they got it from... No provenance, no deal.

Otherwise you become a "chop shop" and will have to get more tatoos, too.

I've been through so many bikes in the last year it's nuts. Out of the last ten I've had 3 no titles. I knew I wasn't going to rehab them and just part em so wasn't concerned. The ones I did rehab were all titled. Most of the no title bikes that are around are lost and the bike gets shuffled through various owners by a BOS. Notice that the person selling it sez "will write bill of sale"? Means nothing to Washington DOL unless that person was on the lost title. 3 year registration only? What a joke.Want to sit on it 3 years and hope the owner with title doesn't show up to claim it? Ask me how I know. I've been doing a few no titles lately but only to part. Buy one with a clean title if you plan to put time or money in.

Yeah after thinking about it I decided not to purchase the bike, definitely sounds fishy. Also just going to try my best to make my bike the way itís supposed to be. Definitely learning a thing or two. Thank you everyone!
    1982 Suzuki GS450A: In Process

Gorminrider is offline Forum Sage Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

A 450 that looks like a T with a shaft drive? That seems pretty neat and a bit of a rarity too..AND it's not an L with the big step on the seat. I don't know why you'd change it in the first place.
    https://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/suzu/suzuki_gs450a%2081.htm

Quote Originally Posted by DerveyZ View Post
    unfortunately the bike I’m buying doesn’t have a title, feels kind of sketchy but it’s only 100$ so I feel like I have to make a move on it. What do you think? Should I trust ? Could I be in any potential trouble for buying this bike with no title? I asked him for a bill of sale Incase anything happens but he said since he bought it without a title he won’t do bill of sale.
    $100 is cheap. Get the VIN and call the police asking if it is stolen. Then understand that it is virtually impossible to get a title for a bike like that. You could look up the VIN and find the person the title is registered to. Ask them if they would help you get it out of their name and into yours. Mention their liability's as long as it is in their name to grease the wheels. I have done this before a few times, but the outcome is a little unpredictable.
    1981 GS1100E
    1982 GS1100E

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle