New GS owner, sort of..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New GS owner, sort of..

Hi everybody! I owned a used Suzuki 750 in high school, (1980) and there are many fond memories. Last spring, March 2020, I was bored, like many people, so I bought a Suzuki GS1000 from a guy in Michigan. I kinda like the bike, and I ride it some, but it doesn't have the magic I remember from High school...
    GS1000.jpg
    Fast-forward to December 2020, and the bike I see in my dreams comes up for auction on Ebay! Yes, you guessed it, a 1977 GS750B! The exact model I had in high school! I shouldn't have bought it, but I did! It was 300 miles away, and the guy wanted instant payment and pickup. I am always up for a road trip, if I can buy something that does not run! I can always pay off the wife with cash if she lodges a protest. ( She did!) Bike had been sitting for many years, and had 17,000 miles on the clock. Ran really bad, leaked gas, and the clutch was seized. However, fairly complete. $1100.00 and I was on my way. I will upload a bad Ebay pic in the next post. Steven

GS750 barn find condition

GS750B.jpg This is the bike I am in love with today...

Comment

Welcome (again) to TheGSR Steven.

Last edited by Redman; 03-18-2021, 11:18 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I like this thread. No shafts, pods, and is that a Kerker?

Welcome aboard!
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Nice, that's a good pair to have...
          1980 GS1000G - Sold
          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I am always up for a road trip, if I can buy something that does not run!
            Haha! that's a dangerous itch to scratch but I think you'll be happy! there's no bike quite like the bike you used to have, is there? Carry On!

Comment

GS 750 late 80s.jpg
              This is a photo from the mid 80s, the bike that started my fascination with the GS750 Suzukis. By this time, I had retrofitted a 1000 engine with 29mm smoothbores in 1984....it practically bolts right up, with some bracket modifications. It was a bit of a sleeper, I guess. As a hotrod, the bike became obsolete when the GSXR750, and some other bikes were built... Haha! I ride for different reasons now, so that does not matter, anymore. I wish I had kept that bike! Steven

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                I like this thread. No shafts, pods, and is that a Kerker?

Welcome aboard!
                Are those PODs on that bike? It sure doesn't look like the original airbox.

It's chain drive, alright...and as for the Kerker...I like V&H/4-1's...so Kerkers are not on my radar.

EDIT: WAIT! were you joking?

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Working...
                X