650 gs carbs...Steve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

650 gs carbs...Steve?

Steve you have my carbs for rebuild... can’t get you by pm or email... can you let me know how it’s going? Kelly

Has he responded yet to you?
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

No and I don't want to bug him if he's on vacation or something... I know he was close in December but needed a few parts...he found a few issues (they were rebuilt by the original owner) and only had 6000 miles...kinda confused...

Comment

I spoke with him and he said he’s had no communications whatsoever from you. Are you using the email address listed in his profile?
        sigpic
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Well I have emailed and pm’ed but I could be getting it wrong... I’ll call him Sunday.. thanks for checking. Kelly

Comment

After talking to Steve this evening, I find it very interesting that you would come on here and call out someone who is very respected on this forum yet not make an effort to call or email him at all since you posted this. I wonder if you are more interested in soiling a person’s good name instead of working with the person to resolve your issues.
            sigpic

1981 GS550T - My First

Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die

Comment

Well Steve has a great reputation and I have no intention of”soiling” him.. just wanting an upt because it’s been since early January last time I had contact. Just trying to keep a 6500 Mile original GS together! He can have all the time he needs and I don’t want to bug him. Kelly

Comment

I get that but then why haven’t you contacted him directly instead of posting a thread on here? Especially after saying you would on Sunday?

How about deleting this thread and just do the responsible thing - contact him
                sigpic

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Likely because he didn't take into account that maybe the PM system is broken*) and his email got eaten by a spam filter.

*) my most recent PM's went unanswered and email notifications by the forum seem to be broken as well.
                  #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
                  #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
                  #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
                  #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

I see no "calling out" of Steve in this thread. Mr. keso151 is simply asking for an update, which seems fair considering the length of time involved.

As for the PM and email system being broken here, it seems to work for me.
                    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Maybe Ed but there was no attempt at contacting Steve directly via other, more traditional means. Everyone has become so attached to electronic means (email, forum pms, texting), I feel they have forgotten what we used to do even 15 years ago before the Internet became so popular.

Just so you know, I would speak up for anyone I know whether that is you, Steve, or Brian who is being called out without thorough means of checking in with them outside of the forum first.
                      sigpic

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Well Scott, seems to me that Steve would do well to reach out and contact his customer. The customer comes first. Apparently there are some problems afoot since it doesn't take four months to rebuild a set of carbs.
                        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Hello, I have called and left a message for Steve today....I looked back and the email I was using and it was the one that he sent to my gmail when we set up the shipping...it is different than the one in his forum page ..so maybe that email is no longer used...as for PM's I tried and maybe as some of you have said its just not working. I am sure it will all come out ok (I hope!) as it is hard to find someone that is so knowledgeable on how to set up these carbs. Just looking forward to riding this summer...Thanks

Comment

Ok, Trying to contact Steve about my carbs had been unsuccessful... tried calling 2x and each email I have plus pm... am I missing something?.. this is the only venue I have that some of you that know Steve have commented on...he knows I’m trying to contact him.. any suggestions? Kelly

Comment

My name is Steve and Kelly hasn't contacted me either....

Mad
                              83 GS750E
                              2006 ZX14
                              2004 KTM 450 EXC
                              2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Comment

Working...
                              X