Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 650 gs carbs...Steve?

I called and texted him...phone answered but no response. Text has not been replied.

Cowboy, what number do you have?

PM me...

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Nessism is offline Forum LongTimer GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by tom203 View Post
    I got a set off a 650….but it’s missing #1 carb…I sold it to someone on here years ago who didn’t want the whole rack. If this could help in this weird situation,let me know
    Thanks for the offer tom! If anyone has a spare #1 laying around please chime in. I assume a 550 #1 would work as well? Maybe a slight difference in the air jet though?

Thanks for the help guys….I have never had an issue like this and if any of Steve’s friends would like to see his previous replies to me in PM and my email it will show you that my carbs had a few issues that Steve could correct but was having trouble with 2 broken needles stuck in the carb bodies… then he would not reply anymore. If he’s sick I’m sorry but he could still send my carbs back…I consider them now to be stolen. I really appreciate the help I’m getting from some of you in this matter and hope this bike will ride again! Kelly

This is weird. I have always held Steve in high regard. He can be a bit crusty at times but is knowledgeable and helpful. He has always seemed devoted to the GSR purpose of people sharing info and helping each other. This situation is eerily similar (almost a carbon copy) to the way his friend, The Cafe Kid, left this site. Hard to figure. I will withhold judgement but it is definitely odd how long it has rocked along.
    1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
    1983 GS 1100 G
    2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
    2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
    1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

robertbarr is offline Forum Sage Past Bard Award Winner
    GSResource Superstar
    Super Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Nessism View Post
    Thanks for the offer tom! If anyone has a spare #1 laying around please chime in.
    I have a whole rack of CV, origin unknown. Free for the hauling. These have been stored indoors for about 20 years. The screws on these have proven stubborn; I could ungang #1 to cut down on shipping cost.

(What Suzukis came with CV's with tops that had "Mikuni Corporation" cast into them? I don't recall any, but I'm only really familiar with the 850 / 1000's.)
    and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
    __________________________________________________ ______________________
    2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

The BS32 Mikuni's on my GS650g have " Mikuni Kogyo Co LTD Japan" on the CV tops. I believe that at least the GS550's used the same carbs. Perhaps some other models as well but with different rack spacing? Evidently, they were also used on Kawasaki CSR and maybe a Yamaha.
    1981 Suzuki GS650G

Thanks everyone for the help… would be great if Steve would just send them back to me but he’s not responding… robertbarr and tom203 pm’s sent.