No announcement yet.

650 gs carbs...Steve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I called and texted him...phone answered but no response. Text has not been replied.

Cowboy, what number do you have?

PM me...

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
      I got a set off a 650….but it’s missing #1 carb…I sold it to someone on here years ago who didn’t want the whole rack. If this could help in this weird situation,let me know
      Thanks for the offer tom! If anyone has a spare #1 laying around please chime in. I assume a 550 #1 would work as well? Maybe a slight difference in the air jet though?
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Thanks for the help guys….I have never had an issue like this and if any of Steve’s friends would like to see his previous replies to me in PM and my email it will show you that my carbs had a few issues that Steve could correct but was having trouble with 2 broken needles stuck in the carb bodies… then he would not reply anymore. If he’s sick I’m sorry but he could still send my carbs back…I consider them now to be stolen. I really appreciate the help I’m getting from some of you in this matter and hope this bike will ride again! Kelly

Comment

This is weird. I have always held Steve in high regard. He can be a bit crusty at times but is knowledgeable and helpful. He has always seemed devoted to the GSR purpose of people sharing info and helping each other. This situation is eerily similar (almost a carbon copy) to the way his friend, The Cafe Kid, left this site. Hard to figure. I will withhold judgement but it is definitely odd how long it has rocked along.
          1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
          1983 GS 1100 G
          2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
          2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
          1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
            Thanks for the offer tom! If anyone has a spare #1 laying around please chime in.
            I have a whole rack of CV, origin unknown. Free for the hauling. These have been stored indoors for about 20 years. The screws on these have proven stubborn; I could ungang #1 to cut down on shipping cost.

(What Suzukis came with CV's with tops that had "Mikuni Corporation" cast into them? I don't recall any, but I'm only really familiar with the 850 / 1000's.)
            and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
            __________________________________________________ ______________________
            2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

The BS32 Mikuni's on my GS650g have " Mikuni Kogyo Co LTD Japan" on the CV tops. I believe that at least the GS550's used the same carbs. Perhaps some other models as well but with different rack spacing? Evidently, they were also used on Kawasaki CSR and maybe a Yamaha.
              1981 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Thanks everyone for the help… would be great if Steve would just send them back to me but he’s not responding… robertbarr and tom203 pm’s sent.

Comment

I'm now in possession of the bits and pieces offered up by the community here, and I'll do my best to restore them and replace the carbs that have gone missing.

Tom's carbs look good, but the replacement #1 is slightly different. Hopeing that doesn't matter. I doubt it will.

Looks like I've got a christmas holiday project. I'll try to do the community proud and help out Mr. Keso.
                  Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

You’re a heck of a good guy, Ed. Merry Christmas.
                    Rich
                    1982 GS 750TZ
                    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

im hoping steve is okay.
                      Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                      1982 XS650

Comment

Yes, if anyone has been in direct contact with Steve, let him know that we’re concerned and his absence on the forum is greatly missed.
                        Rich
                        1982 GS 750TZ
                        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                          Yes, if anyone has been in direct contact with Steve, let him know that we’re concerned and his absence on the forum is greatly missed.
                          I've asked cowboyup to contact him earlier in this thread...he had the same number I have.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Someone peed in his Wheaties, I doubt he's coming back. He still has Stator's journal that he "misplaced" and refuses to look for... That's a shame too, I really liked Steve. Oh well.
                            My Motorcycles:
                            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                            79 1000e (all original)
                            82 850g (all original)
                            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                              Someone peed in his Wheaties, I doubt he's coming back.
                              is it possible to elaborate on this?
                              Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                              1982 XS650

Comment

Last edited by timebombprod; 12-20-2021, 10:11 PM.
                                Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                                1982 XS650

Comment

Working...
                                X