No announcement yet.

650 gs carbs...Steve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to all who helped me on these carbs… I have been out of commission with the bike for a while so just today had the carbs installed and as you predicted the fuel tee is pretty loose and it did leak so I’m letting it sit in the fuel for a while to see if that will help…if not we’ll pull it apart and possibly buy a new T or O-ring it …is there a kit for that one?
    By the where the bike fired right up and ran pretty good till the leaking started… thanks four help…. and to Storm64 the Original carburetors never did come back from Steve he kept them.

Comment

Fuel T has stopped leaking and reset idle ,,,,purrs like new! Will get it out this weekend to test!

Comment

Glad to hear you finally get to ride it.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Well we are taking it slow the guy at work is really good with bikes and we’re finding out the number two cylinder from the left is not firing we have spark so I’m thinking the number two carburetor must be a little stuck

Comment

Try a NEW plug first. I have had them spark like mad... put it in and it womt kick. Might save you a lot of unneeded crap.
            MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

That carb wasn't plugged when it left my shop. Do you have rust in the gas tank? Have you checked the valve clearances?
              Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by keso151 View Post
                .............we are finding out the number two cylinder from the left is not firing we have spark so I am thinking the number two carburetor must be a little stuck
                Also check if a faulty fuel tank petcock is not dumping excess fuel down the vacuum hose into number 2 cylinder, killing the fire.
                1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

thanks for the help here… it looks like it’s getting spark and we switched the wires and it didn’t make a difference when you pull off the number two wire.. the bike didn’t idle down so spark is good.. changed the plugs and it worked fine on number one so plugs are good drain the number two bowl and it has fluid in it so don’t want to Drive it and possibly burn down number two.. I will check that petcock with the vacuum hose…

Comment

ok..heres an update......installed carbs and had a Forum cylinder issue...nonfire... well a rookie mistake no vent tube installed!! will install tomorrow as the bike is still at my workplace..fingers crossed.
                    2 more questions...the intake boot clamps seem to bet "tight" but they are mostly all the way together.and 1 is a hose clamp..(i'll try and find one..) so is this ok? or are the boots losing their thickness...2nd question ..should all fuel/vent hoses have the rubber spring clamps...seem to be missing a few..

Comment

Working...
                    X