My lockdown projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My lockdown projects

Well a lot happened in a year, a high point among lows being finishing the restoration of two bikes (and 3rd almost done). Here they are with my son on the much more sedate ride. Both are running well and are fun to ride in their own ways.

Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
    '79 GS100E
    Other non Suzuki bikes

Has Junior ridden the turbo?
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

No way, he just got his car license today. He has taken the CB up the street, that's about it. We're going on a 3 month road trip to see his grandpa in northern WA, leaving on his spring break in early April. Driving with my brother and his son, epic road trip. We won't see the bikes for a while but will see a lot of beautiful country and will take skis, snowboards, and Mountain Bikes.

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
      Has Junior ridden the turbo?
      Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
      '79 GS100E
      Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Is that an Airstream caravan down the side there?
        ---- Dave
        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Nice rides, Tom.

The road trip sounds fantastic and getting to share it with your son makes it even better.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

One of my favorite 1100e colors! Anyone else see a Jeff Bridges resemblance?
            1982 GS1000S Katana
            1982 GS1100E

Comment

The Dude Abides.
              Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Ha! The Dude is the look I was going for And yeah Dave, it's a '69 Airstream Caravel. I tow it with a '54 Willys that's got an upgraded drivetrain.

Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                '79 GS100E
                Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Nice outfit.
                  ---- Dave
                  79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                  80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                  79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                  92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
                  X