fuel tap issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dpep View Post
    This particular petcock is widely available, inexpensive, and has the right bolt pattern for 80-81 850Gs. But the fuel outlet is on the back of the petcock facing inward instead of on the front facing the engine like the OEM. Has that proved to be any kind of issue with regard to routing the fuel line? My preference is to have the port where it is more visible and accessible.
    I recently installed one of these on a 1980 850G, and it worked fine. It was a little more fiddly to get the fuel and vacuum lines in place and routed so that they would coil smoothly without kinking when lowering the tank, but there was just enough clearance. We thought about rotating the back plate, but I wasn't sure that would be a good idea.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
      This particular petcock is widely available, inexpensive, and has the right bolt pattern for 80-81 850Gs. But the fuel outlet is on the back of the petcock facing inward instead of on the front facing the engine like the OEM. Has that proved to be any kind of issue with regard to routing the fuel line? My preference is to have the port where it is more visible and accessible.
      I had to buy some fuel line from Canadian Tire to get it to fit, I needed about 4” and paid about $2 for a foot. Easy install. It’s been over 3,000 km with multiple transitions from Prime, Run and Reserve.
      1982 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Working...
      X