New GS750 owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New GS750 owner

Hi Guys, really pleased to have found your Forum. I've owned dozens of different bikes over the past 55yrs or so but recently bought my very 1st GS and really looking forward to riding it this Summer
    I'm currently (due to Covid) in the UK but also spend a lot of my time living/riding in PA & Florida too.

Mary H
    1978 GS750C

Welcome to the site, Mary.
    What year and model GS? Pics, of course are required.
    Fun that a lot of people neglect to enter a location and you have three to choose from.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Welcome to the Forum Mary. Don't forget to check out Basscliffs website for some excellent tutorials on keeping your bike running in top shape. 3 locations leaves me wondering which one your bike is at?

Comment

Welcome to the asylum Mary, you'll have to enlighten us regarding your three locations sometime.
        And yes, what bike? got some pics?
        -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Welcome. My son goes to Kutztown U, so I’ve been been finding new, interesting routes to and from the Allentown area. There is a fantastic windy road between Catawissa and Shenandoah that I need to find on my bike. Maybe we can meet up when you’re back stateside again.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Always wanted to ride from FL to UK, but never found the right bridge. Dozens of bikes in 55 yrs & this is the first GS?? Dang you have lived a sheltered life, about time you's coming out to the real world, Congrats on the GS, now you will realize what you've been missing. Congrats & welcome to the GSR.
            1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Hinge View Post
              . . . . . . .
              Welcome.

I see you already have had some technical talk (steering nut), but, but, but you havent posted pic of the bike yet.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

And I believe we still don’t know if it's a 70’s 8-valve or a 80’s 16-valve, what you might call a GSX in The UK/Europe.
                Rich
                1982 GS 750TZ
                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Welcome aboard. There are so many more bikes to choose from in the UK that I can imagine it taking that long to get to a GS!
                  1980 GS1000G - Sold
                  1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                  1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                  1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                  2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                  1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                  2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Always wanted to ride from FL to UK, but never found the right bridge .....

My Brother has a home in New Tripoli and we share a place in Florida and we're lucky enough to spend our time together across all 3 locations, until The Disease came along that is .
                    She's a 1978 GS750 US bike that now lives in the UK, I don't have any pictures as yet but will post some once she's all back up together.

Harry aka Mary H
                    1978 GS750C

Comment

Hey Rich, meeting up & having a ride out would be great. I'm hoping Covid allows me to get back out in August as my Brother & I like to ride down to Jefferson for the White Rose MCC Vintage Jap meet. If not, at least by Sept. for our annual trip to the NHRA meet at Maple Grove. We always used to ride up to Englishtown Town each year too but sadly like a lot of the original/proper dragstrips it's no more
                      Stay safe
                      1978 GS750C

Comment

Not really into the scene or know what a “proper” drag strip is, but this one is near me. https://www.beaversprings.com/

I did stop there once while out for a motorcycle ride w/ my son. Stopped at the strip just to see what was going on. Enjoyed some frozen treats while watching amateurs on anything with wheels try to blow up thier engines. It was a hoot.
                        Rich
                        1982 GS 750TZ
                        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Originally posted by Phred View Post
                          Welcome to the Forum Mary. Don't forget to check out Basscliffs website for some excellent tutorials on keeping your bike running in top shape. 3 locations leaves me wondering which one your bike is at?
                          I glad you mentioned this. It seems that "BASSCLIFF" goes by "BIKECLIFF" nowadays -- and here is the URL link:

Suzuki GS motorcycles maintenance and information (GS850GT)

AND, if anyone knows how I can email BASSCLIFF, I'd appreciate it. I have tried the email link on that website -- with no response. I have SEVERAL wiring diagrams that are not listed on that website. I would like to donate them to the cause, but I need a way to get in touch with him/her/them. And help would be appreciated!!!!
                          sigpic
                          '77 GS550B
                          '78 GS550C

Comment

Basscliff is his alter ego when doing what he loves doing best - playing the BASS guitar; Bikecliff is his motorcycling persona. I believe he's spending lots more time playing right now than anything else so that may be why he hasn't responded.
                            sigpic
                            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Thanks. That's all I need to know -- that he's alive.

I'll just send him an email with the wiring diagrams attached -- and when his amp blows a fuse, he can find the time to upload them to his website for everyone to see.

I've got the wiring diagrams for all of the Suzuki 1978 "C" model bikes. Eight of these are "GS" bikes from the GS400C to the 1000EC.

It also includes every "C" from the JR50C to the SP370C -- so if anyone needs any of those, let me know!
                              sigpic
                              '77 GS550B
                              '78 GS550C

Comment

Working...
                              X