Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What puller to remove the magneto flywheel on a gs450?

I have ordered another starter relay and it should arrive next Saturday. By next Sunday, I hope to have this problem solved and will report back hopefully with good news.
    Dennco2
    1985 GS450
    Stock condition and a work in progress

A new starter motor relay solenoid has been installed .... and performs fine. The old relay was unreliable and would stay in the ON position sometimes. Since pulling the magneto flywheel and inspecting and reassembling the 3 steel clutch bearings, the starter clutch has been working fine too. When I finally was able to pull the magneto flywheel and look at the 3 roller bearing .... 2 of them had fallen out of their correct position. Don't know if they were like that before .... or by me holding the whole assembly in the wrong position after removal from the shaft.

Doing short rides as I don't trust the bike for reliability as yet. The 2 issues mentioned are seemingly fixed! Now I have to check the voltage being generated with engine at 4,000 rpm and see if the stator & R/R system is charging the battery while running. I also have ordered a used SH775 for my gs450 if needed .... or will put it in my GR650 Suzuki which also has a charging problem ... not yet looked at. One bike at a time.
    Dennco2
    1985 GS450
    Stock condition and a work in progress