Anyone ride a great road today? Video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
    Thanks Bob, great stuff. Oh, by the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    Thanks...We celebrated the birthday and Easter last night. Had a couple of the kids over. Good fun...
    I don't feel 65...LOL

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
    Wow, that was cool! I kept saying SHIFT BOB SHIFT! haha. You were definitely wringing it out.
    My yellow Triumph 600, with a 14K redline...She likes to scream....

Question, about how many miles would you ride at a typical track day weekend? I suppose it depends on the race track.
    Good question. I've only done a handful of track days, and never thought to check. Way more track time than drag racing, though...LOL
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
      @Rich82GS750TZ..a caution: Be careful using your phone. Iphones in particular have ruined their fancy cameras so get a special mount. I'd avoid using any decent phone on a motorcycle anyways.

Mounts for action cameras could fill a thread but I do notice that my Suzukis overall are really good per vibration/jello effect etc. And $ isn't everything when it comes to action cameras.... However a feature that begins recording with a single button (On-Begin Recording) and a beep you can hear when it does, is good to have.

The Ram mount on my FJR sure picks up some weird vibrations? "Jello effect" Thank you for mentioning that. Sure describes what I'm noticing.

Took this coming into town the other night. I really wanted to remember the feeling of coming over the hill after this long ride and seeing the lights of Albuquerque. There were couple of times that I held the phone to steady the shot, but that got old quickly.

Man, I want a camera...

I drilled those two holes in the windshield to help eliminate some of the negative pressure pulling me forward. It helped a little with that and also gives me a bit more air in the summer.
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

This one is from so long ago it is on a GoPro Hero 2.
        Figured out a small block of foam inside the protective case did wonders for muffling the wind noise. I had a couple good ones but unfortunately those ended up in PhotoBucket purgatory.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
          The Ram mount on my FJR sure picks up some weird vibrations? "Jello effect" Thank you for mentioning that. Sure describes what I'm noticing.

Took this coming into town the other night. I really wanted to remember the feeling of coming over the hill after this long ride and seeing the lights of Albuquerque. There were couple of times that I held the phone to steady the shot, but that got old quickly.

Man, I want a camera...

I drilled those two holes in the windshield to help eliminate some of the negative pressure pulling me forward. It helped a little with that and also gives me a bit more air in the summer.
          While that is nice Roger, the camera does not capture the awe of that ride in on I-40 from the west. That valley with all it's lights is just spectacular. I've seen it on a number of occasions.

Good ride report by the way on your trip from Ridgecrest to Abq.
          Larry

'79 GS 1000E
          '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
          '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
          '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
          '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
            While that is nice Roger, the camera does not capture the awe of that ride in on I-40 from the west. That valley with all it's lights is just spectacular. I've seen it on a number of occasions.

Good ride report by the way on your trip from Ridgecrest to Abq.
            Thanks Larry. Glad you liked what I wrote about that ride. Hwy 60 was a nice ride, by the way thanks again.

The video is lousy, I know. This trip was my first attempt at recording a ride. I don't know if any video would really show just how, as you say, spectacular that sight is.
            Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A
            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

@Burque
              Yes ...my '88 Honda CB450S RESONATES and stabilisation just doesn't help. I do know a lot about stuff that won't work but I will mention "Earplugs" as a damper foam if you get into it sometime...and if they are cut in half(too long and they sag sideways in heat) (my present mark, bolted at the mirror mount) Also look into drone camera damping ("moongel" is mentioned) which can have similar resonances.
              Funnily enough, the only RAM mount I have is the thing I have lying around that works the best for the 450S, but it's too bulky , and I want the space for something else..
              No way I'll strap on a helmet cam and body cams are awkward too, though the both give a really nice movie.

Oh and just a tip for Action cams in Waterproof cases THE BUTTONS RATTLE! scotch tape over will fix.
              as a general aside, on any open air mic, I've never found anything better than rabbit fur or a synthetic copy. It wont stop all wind because of the mount, the case etc
              Last edited by Gorminrider; 04-05-2021, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Latest and greatest... Well it was a great ride!
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Good morning J, what happened to the commuter you built? Looking forward to the Kymco video, too.

Comment

I ended up selling it for $2800. I had some money saved up from the winter, figure with the FZ6 sale I could just get the Tracer this year... Why wait? I'll tell ya, no regrets on swapping out the FZ6 for the FJ-09. What a machine.
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

JedzMoto in the red Helmet here --

Currently in the Stable :
                      2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
                      1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
                      - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Carl
                        I got approved for wandering people off! I might have a family confliction but I'm looking to make it out to WV for a weekend!
                        Best,
                        -Jedz
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                          Carl
                          I got approved for wandering people off! I might have a family confliction but I'm looking to make it out to WV for a weekend!
                          Best,
                          -Jedz
                          THAT'S Awesome !

See you there -
                          Currently in the Stable :
                          2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
                          1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
                          - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Not much of a video but I wanted to catch the sound of riding the beemer gs compared to any normal bike. It's like putting part of an airplane motor on the transmission from a 1955 Oliver 70. (That's an old tractor). I decided to do this after I watched our friend Mr. Jedz' video of his new 3 cylinder Yamaha.

Video made with my phone in my shirt pocket.
                            2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                            82 gs1100L probably the next project
                            1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                            1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

This is from 2011... camera on Tim's bike, and I (with my wife Marge aboard) on the Dragon in TN:

Also from 2011. Ride with me for a bit on my GS850G on 135 in Brown County, Indiana. The sound is WAY too loud, so be warned...

This is a good video to illustrate the idea that these engines love to spin; they're really extremely entertaining above 6,000 rpm. No, your GS won't blow up... grip it and rip it, and have some fun!

It kicks off with me following Tim and Greg, then...

These early GoPro cameras had a sort of weird fisheye effect you couldn't turn off, so the lean angles look reduced.
                              Last edited by bwringer; 04-08-2021, 12:12 PM.
                              1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                              2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                              2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Eli, thanks so much for the video. I'm currently in the works to get an R1100R which I think will be setup as a do it all Vermont road bike (dirt/class 4 ) with Shinko 705 installed... Have to acquire it first...

Brian, I really loved riding out there in Indiana... Going to see if I can't make the trek again this year... Very dependent on when I can get my Vaccine.

You are CHASING that 850, your such a smooth rider man... Enjoyed riding along there.

Me trying to keep up with Rodney on his Sprint. Dear lord that boy can ride. Missing Brown County already.
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                                X