Anyone ride a great road today? Video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ride a great road today? Video?

Along the same vein as Trevor’s anyone go for a ride today? Pics? thread, maybe this will become a place where members post videos/clips of great rides. What follows is anything but a great video. I just got a bar mount for my phone and thought I’d see what kind of video I could get. It’s mostly unwatchable, but I have it below anyway. I think a GoPro with stabilization is in my future. (Hint to my wife for my upcoming 50th birthday) This is a fun little stretch of mountain pass about 15 miles from my house.

Besides Jedz and his YT Channel, jedz moto, I don’t see too many members posting videos of your rides. I know some of you have Gopros, let’s see some great roads.

Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 04-03-2021, 07:45 PM.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Wow!

That's on your phone? What kinda phone have you got?

The GoPro is the way to go....Looks like $400:https://gopro.com/en/us/

You'll have to brush up on your narrating skills and enthusiasm like Jedz!

It's really challenging talking yourself up and letting everyone know your ramblings. I'm being generic in that sense because we all narrate in our minds but don't capture it on video.

I remember talking to myself on rides and not being too bashful because I knew it was only me listening to myself. As long as I didn't answer myself, I wasn't crazy...lol!

Here's to members being brave enough (or whatever term people want to use) to post their video rides...cheers!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Well this could be fun....lol....here is an old video of my son and I going out dirt riding....we were new to it....it's pretty funny....

No signature

Comment

John Day GS Rally...2015

No signature

Comment

And how about some lane splitting in California on my K1300R That was fun

No signature

Comment

Yes, this is exactly what I wanted to see. Also, if anyone would care to share their filming setup: mount, camera, etc. I’m interested to see what folks are using.
              Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

And probably my favorite video

No signature

Comment

Good videos guys!

This just goes to show, it is challenging to narrate your own video...on the fly (unscripted).

One good way to avoid the distorted sounds of filming is to do music over video...which is what bonanzadave did.

You just got to give it up for Jedz...credit/props for producing his own videos. He makes it look fun and easy which, it really isn't.

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 04-04-2021, 09:10 AM.
                  GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                  GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                  Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                  Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

This was a pretty decent road...
                    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Wildcat Mountain, WI

Comment

The Mindoro Cut

Comment

Thanks Bob, great stuff. Oh, by the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
                          Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 04-04-2021, 09:23 AM.
                          Rich
                          1982 GS 750TZ
                          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Wow, that was cool! I kept saying SHIFT BOB SHIFT! haha. You were definitely wringing it out.
                            Question, about how many miles would you ride at a typical track day weekend? I suppose it depends on the race track.
                            My Motorcycles:
                            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                            79 1000e (all original)
                            82 850g (all original)
                            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

@Rich82GS750TZ..a caution: Be careful using your phone. Iphones in particular have ruined their fancy cameras so get a special mount. I'd avoid using any decent phone on a motorcycle anyways.

Mounts for action cameras could fill a thread but I do notice that my Suzukis overall are really good per vibration/jello effect etc. And $ isn't everything when it comes to action cameras.... However a feature that begins recording with a single button (On-Begin Recording) and a beep you can hear when it does, is good to have.

Comment

Working...
                              X