I found some GS750L side covers. What years will fit? - 1981 GS750L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found some GS750L side covers. What years will fit? - 1981 GS750L

Hey guys, hopefully this is a real simple question.

I have a 1981 Suzuki GS750L that needs side covers. I found some 750L side covers on eBay but the listing doesn’t mention the year.

Here’s the listing. Will these fit my bike? https://www.ebay.com/itm/173737201649

*edit* nevermind, it appears those are 1979 750L side covers I think. Dang.
    Last edited by ChrisGuilday; 04-04-2021, 12:16 AM.

I’m not sure, but there is another side panel further down when I went to your link. It says it’s for a 79 750L and looks exactly like the one you linked but different color. From 79 to 80 the frame and engine changed. Take that for what it’s worth. You could look at the differences in the parts fiches on places like partshark.com. Also the images at the beginning of the model specific sections of the factory service manuals. Look up the manuals on BikeCliffs Website.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
      I’m not sure, but there is another side panel further down when I went to your link. It says it’s for a 79 750L and looks exactly like the one you linked but different color. From 79 to 80 the frame and engine changed. Take that for what it’s worth. You could look at the differences in the parts fiches on places like partshark.com. Also the images at the beginning of the model specific sections of the factory service manuals. Look up the manuals on BikeCliffs Website.

Thank you. I checked on that website you mentioned and unfortunately the panels will not match up. I can find dozens of panels for the 1977-1979’s, but none for the 1980+

Comment

That was my dilemma, exactly. I finally found a cover from a 1981 GS750L. It is the same, other than the pinstripe treatment. The one that I found had the mounting tab on the back broken off. I found another fellow on ebay that sold a 3D printed mounting tabs. It was only a matter of fitting the tab to the proper length and position, then applying glue. It has held up so far. I still need to paint the side cover (and the entire motorcycle, for that matter!) but that's a story for another day. Good luck with your search.
        1980 GS750L - just like the one I rode in college (25 years ago!)
        2006 Suzuki Boulevard S40
        1980 Honda Goldwing (Naked)
        2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000

Kelly O' (original profile vanished!)

Comment

Working...
        X