Issues With My Start Button, Electrical Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues With My Start Button, Electrical Issues

Hello guys, I am new to motorcycle work, especially electrical, and Ive run into a bit of a problem, I cant get my start button to work, and I cant get my bike to keep running.. I looked at some wiring diagrams but I think my wiring has already been modified by the PO
    Here is a youtube video I uploaded about my bike, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys! Jared
    1982 Suzuki GS450A: In Process

Simple things first. Pull and hold the clutch lever in, make sure run/off switch is at RUN then press the start button. Then what happens?
    Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 04-06-2021, 04:01 PM.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

The plate that holds the ignitor, voltage regulator and starter relay is not grounded to the frame when it's hanging there unattached. Mount that plate up and make sure the black wire with the ring on it is on the top bolt holding the regulator to the plate, this supplies the grounds inside the wiring harness.
      1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
      1982 GS450txz (former bike)
      LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
        Simple things first. Pull and hold the clutch lever in, make sure run/off switch is at RUN then press the start button. Then what happens?
        unfortunately the run and off button is actually off, for some reason the PO took out the button actually inside that switch. Also I’ve tried with clutch as well and no go :/

Comment

Okay, I’ll do that now! Thanks!

Comment

If you haven't already done so be sure to visit the link below! There's a neatly drawn color wiring diagram there you WANT.

1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
            1982 GS450txz (former bike)
            LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Working...
            X