Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Front brake pads dilemma.

bwringer is offline Forum LongTimer Bard Award Winner
    GSResource Superstar
    Super Site Supporter

I'd slap them on, go ride, and waste no further time, energy, or precious riding days thinking about this.

Yes, they're apparently from different manufacturing batches. No, it doesn't really matter. They're EBC FA65V pads.

Excellent choice, by the way. These EBC red V pads are fantastic on our olde motorbikes. A goodly bit grippier than the common black "organic" pads but not grabby, well-behaved in the rain, and they don't seem to destroy vintage rotors like sintered pads.
    Last edited by bwringer; 04-11-2021 at 05:10 PM.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

Thanks for chiming in guys, guess I'll just email EBC just to be certain. Cheers, have a safe riding season!
    1980 GS1100E

Gorminrider is offline Forum Sage Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Do you think EBC will know? They are just wholesalers. I mean, sometimes the guys at the parts-counter have useful opinions, sometimes not.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorminrider View Post
    Do you think EBC will know? They are just wholesalers. I mean, sometimes the guys at the parts-counter have useful opinions, sometimes not.
    It's worth a shot, I'll email fortnine as well, ask if they could find me a matching set. I think I would be abit more comfortable with matching pads to be honest.
    1980 GS1100E

So Fortnine, the retailer, has ordered a new set from their supplier. They confirmed that one set is older than the other, and aren't sure if they should be used together. About two weeks time for it all, not too bad for a peace of mind
    1980 GS1100E