No announcement yet.

considering a triumph street triple....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's interesting, jedz. I would trust the Sportster across country.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

It just getting wonky in it's higher mile life. Without the risk of highjacking the thread... IE: the Bonneville's indicators are intermittent as is sometimes they work, sometimes they don't and sometimes they try new things (like turn left and both signal lights in the front will blink but the rear the left light will blink). I'm on the second transmission so the thought when #3 will have to go in is always in the back of my mind.

It's a great bike but is has over 80K miles on it. Just time to ride something with less miles and has a track record.of being allot more reliable.

Cheers,
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Check out Doodle on a Motorcycle on YouTube. Yeah, I know, she’s a girl, and a relatively new rider. But this video in particular might give you an idea of what it’s like to own a ride a Triple as a daily. I watch all kinds of motorcycle youtubers, especially if they’re Triumph oriented. I’m increasingly interested in the brand, and will own one. Not sure which model, not sure when. But I will.

Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Here’s another from Yammie Noob:

Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
            It just getting wonky in it's higher mile life. Without the risk of highjacking the thread... IE: the Bonneville's indicators are intermittent as is sometimes they work, sometimes they don't and sometimes they try new things (like turn left and both signal lights in the front will blink but the rear the left light will blink). I'm on the second transmission so the thought when #3 will have to go in is always in the back of my mind.

It's a great bike but is has over 80K miles on it. Just time to ride something with less miles and has a track record.of being allot more reliable.

Cheers,
            Sounds like the Prince of Darkness has returned to town!
            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Speed Triple just sounds so much better.
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

They're fun little bikes, my wife owned a 2012 Street Triple R for a few years... the key word is "little" though. At 6'1" I found the bike uncomfortably small.
                2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

@greg78gs750 did you ever get the Street Triple? I just got one last week and love it! I had a GSX-S1000F before this when I was on the mainland - that bike is pretty much perfect if you can get out of traffic and open it up a little. Since I live on an island I wanted a smaller bike but I wasn't sure I'd like a 650 twin, so the 675 triple seemed ideal. Plus the Street Triple comes stock with fully adjustable (comp, reb, pre) front AND rear shocks which was a big plus for me. The torque curve isn't a curve - it's table flat so it's always got pull regardless of speed. It doesn't have that "entering warp speed" thing at 9000 rpm that the 4c sport bikes get, but I'm ok with that.

They are known to leak and I'm in the process of replacing my countershaft seal - the only source of any drips and a fairly straight forward repair.

Like others said: the light weight, and the triple's torque and sound make it quite a fun bike! The reviews gave it 'best middleweight' for like a decade straight or something. I would agree - it's a lot of machine for the money.
                  Last edited by Joe Garfield; 06-24-2021, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by greg78gs750 View Post
                    Well I'm definitely looking for a smaller displacement. I'd been considering an SV, but was a little concerned I'd want more power. Not even sure I'm going to get anything, I wrecked my ES a year ago and I've been hesitant to get back out there. But a new job means a different commute (and a better paycheck), and spring turns my daydreaming towards bikes, ya know?
                    I wasn't sure if I'd get back on a bike after my crash. I did, though it was a bit too early for me. I eventually took some time off due to relocating, but I can say that I'm really happy to be back on 2 wheels! I definitely learned from my accident and am a little more cautious because of it.

Comment

They do make a gsx-s 750
                      Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                      1982 XS650

Comment

The GSX-S750 is the same size and almost the same weight as the GSX-S1000; it doesn’t really make a lot of sense to me.

Comment

The 675 Triumph triples are boarding on legendary. Motogp2 is running a version of that engine and they've proven very reliable. I'd absolutely love to have one of those bikes. Maybe when I retire in a few years...
                          Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Garfield View Post
                            The GSX-S750 is the same size and almost the same weight as the GSX-S1000; it doesn’t really make a lot of sense to me.
                            Just was thinking about how you said the 1000 would be perfect if you could open it up a bit more, the 750s power would be more usable in the street I would think.

Honestly thinking about getting one of them once I'm riding for long enough, pointing more towards the 750 since the 1000 would be over double the power from my 650 and 45 pounds lighter. the price of these things is nothing but a great deal.

I think the 750 has a place, its probably a great step up from a 80s UJM bike, I would say it's a modern day UJM
                            Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                            1982 XS650

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                              The 675 Triumph triples are boarding on legendary. Motogp2 is running a version of that engine and they've proven very reliable. I'd absolutely love to have one of those bikes. Maybe when I retire in a few years...
                              Not the 675, but a brand called carpenter has pulled put 240whp from a rocket 3
                              Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                              1982 XS650

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Garfield View Post
                                Could make sense from an insurance-cost perspective... and there are riders out there who are still working their way up to bigger, more powerful machines so the 750 is a great intermediate rung up the displacement ladder.

I had a 2015 GSX-S750, it was a fun bike. Actually fit me pretty well too. Bought on a whim from a dealer friend, enjoyed it for what it was, used it as part-trade against my GSX-S1000S (Katana). Comparison? Despite being around the same weight, the 750 was more toss-able and lighter on its feet. I chalk that up to the 180/55 rear tire (Katana has 190/50)... Kat's getting a 190/55 when the time comes to replace the OEM skins. That should makes a massive difference in front end feel... did the same change on my old TL1000R, all three of my Hayabusas, and both of my B-Kings (stock was 200/50 on the Kings, went down to 190/55) and they all improved drastically.
                                2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                                2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X