Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to get replacement carb air screw

Hi all --

One of my fuel-air screws on my '82 650s (Mikuni BS32SS) carbs were severely stripped by its previous owner, and is in the process of being bored out by a local shop, and I'm going to need a replacement screw. Where can I get a new one?

Also, while I have your attention, what is the easiest way to reinstall carbs and airbox? If I put in the airbox first, I can't fit the carbs and same vice versa. If I try to do them both at once, I can't fit that either so i'm very confused. What do you guys do?

Thanks
    1982 GS650GL

“in the process of being bored out by a local shop,”

hopefully, they know what they are doing....the damaged screw needs to be removed without destroying the mating female thread. A left hand drill usually works nicely if done carefully.
    the air box needs to go in first and pushed as far to rear as possible by removing any obstructions. Then carbs .
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Ebay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/K-L-Carb-Ai...0/191971952161
      sigpic
      09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
      1983 GS1100e
      82\83 1100e Frankenbike
      1980 GS1260
      Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

To fit carbs on, put the second half of airbox (half that xonnects to carbs) in its area first, then slide the carbs in its area but have the section that connects to the airbox and intake boots above them, get throttle cable connected, and then tilt the carbs to fit on the airbox first, once on airbox get them fitted on intake boots.
        Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
        1982 XS650

Comment

Working...
        X