Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: How near are we to the end of ICE motorcycles?

Quote Originally Posted by wyly View Post
    not a motorcycle but a modular ev that converts bicycles to electrical assist, 2 hour charge time 50km range.
    https://www.swytchbike.com/p/univers...onversion-kit/
    How much? They don't make that easy to find.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Quote Originally Posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
    How much? They don't make that easy to find.
    no they don't, I don't know what the point of that is unless they don't have fixed prices. Reading elsewhere you can get large discount if you don't mind waiting they apparently sell out really quickly. If you want it in a week expect to pay double the price.

About $600 US is what I found. I'll need to consider one for the mrs she has issues with hills, front wheel drive? 29lbs torque. Inexpensive compared to other e-bikes, quite innovative.
    1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

I saw one of these a week ago in Bisbee. Really nice build quality. Much more expensive, but the old dude riding it motored away from the coffee shop at an impressively fast pace. I looked them up. 59 lb ft of torque, 25-45 mile range. Crazy.

https://www.radpowerbikes.com/collec...-fat-tire-bike
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

I saw one of these a week ago in Bisbee. Really nice build quality. Much more expensive, but the old dude riding it motored away from the coffee shop at an impressively fast pace. I looked them up. 59 lb ft of torque, 25-45 mile range. Crazy.

https://www.radpowerbikes.com/collec...-fat-tire-bike
    There's one in my neighbourhood too, the owner was riding it everyday all day for about a week when he first got it. Good torque for the big hills where I live.

Traditional drive system completely different than the Swytch. What I find interesting about the Swytch is that you can convert a conventional bike and transfer the parts if you want convert a different bike. Also helps to prevent theft. I have a quick release front wheel and the Swytch power pack easily detaches, I could take both off at work and expect to find my bike hasn't been stolen at the end of the day.

I'd have to see how efficient and reliable that system is compared to a purpose-built bike. I like things that are made as a whole functioning piece.
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

earlfor is offline Forum LongTimer Charter Member
    GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

I bought this elec conversion kit about a year ago, but haven't got around to installing it yet. The kit comes with everything but the battery (supposedly). I never opened the box. heh
    https://www.amazon.com/Voilamart-Con...237149&sr=8-14
    Last edited by earlfor; 07-26-2021 at 01:10 PM.
    I went to the grocery store and there was a sign at the door. It said no food or drinks inside.
    ........So I went home.

I'd have to see how efficient and reliable that system is compared to a purpose-built bike. I like things that are made as a whole functioning piece.
    yeah there is that, I read "kit" and think kit car those conversion kits of past decades that made a VW into a Ferrari a lot were sold very few were ever completed. I think the Swytch is a simple install but I can wait to see how well it's accepted by the market.

But I'm not in a hurry to drop $2-3K(or more) on an electric bicycle either, I'd rather apply that toward an ev Vespa or Honda commuters.

Quote Originally Posted by earlfor View Post
    I bought this elec conversion kit about a year ago, but haven't got around to installing it yet. The kit comes with everything but the battery (supposedly). I never opened the box. heh
    apparently you neglected to buy the optional "motivation" part of the kit

I like things that are made as a whole functioning piece.
    Reminds me of the 1982 Camaro. Before then, Z28's were Camaros that had some high performance bits bolted on. When the model was completely redesigned for '82, the result was the Z28. For the cheaper versions, the high performance parts were removed or detuned.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob S. View Post
    Reminds me of the 1982 Camaro. Before then, Z28's were Camaros that had some high performance bits bolted on. When the model was completely redesigned for '82, the result was the Z28. For the cheaper versions, the high performance parts were removed or detuned.
    Hmmmmn ... sometimes bolted on bits trumps the sum total. The '82 Z28 was lame.
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f