Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: How near are we to the end of ICE motorcycles?

Eric Buell I would think is motivated by his experience at HD to produce something better than the Livewire. With a starting price of $10,995 for the Fllow he's already won the price war. 150 mile urban range(equal to the livewire) with the option of a spare battery that you can pack into it's 50 liter storage case which could boost range to 225miles. 30 min quick charge, 400lbs "dry"

I love the spare battery concept, unplug a spent battery plug in the spare and gain 75miles range or keep a charged battery or two at home to avoid any charging down time. The Fllow comes with two batteries the optional spares are $499 each, good value for the convenience imo. I paid $6 a gallon for gas this past week it wouldn't take long to recover spare battery cost.

https://www.fuell.us/products/fuell-fllow-e-motorcycle
    1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Here's a link to an Australian ev, doesn't come close to the Fuell ev in any measurement that I can see. I do like the optional knobby tires.

https://motorbikewriter.com/aussie-e...lestone-sales/

Quote Originally Posted by wyly View Post
    Eric Buell I would think is motivated by his experience at HD to produce something better than the Livewire. With a starting price of $10,995 for the Fllow he's already won the price war. 150 mile urban range(equal to the livewire) with the option of a spare battery that you can pack into it's 50 liter storage case which could boost range to 225miles. 30 min quick charge, 400lbs "dry"

I love the spare battery concept, unplug a spent battery plug in the spare and gain 75miles range or keep a charged battery or two at home to avoid any charging down time. The Fllow comes with two batteries the optional spares are $499 each, good value for the convenience imo. I paid $6 a gallon for gas this past week it wouldn't take long to recover spare battery cost.

https://www.fuell.us/products/fuell-fllow-e-motorcycle
    Oof, but that thing is about as pretty as Popeye.

Ugh. Top speed 85, top sustained speed 55. Nope.
    Last edited by GS1150Pilot; 12-08-2021 at 09:43 PM.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Quote Originally Posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
    I'm sure I've seen uglier vehicles. I just can't think of any right now.

Welp, this one’s right up there.

Quote Originally Posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
    Oof, but that thing is about as pretty as Popeye.

Ugh. Top speed 85, top sustained speed 55. Nope.
    there are two Fllows, one is 11kW as well as the 35kW, which corresponds to graduated licensing in Europe for A1 and A2 which have power power limits. Then there is the unlimited A license with no limits on power or power to weight ratios. Fuell has a european market in mind. I expect Fuell will eventually introduce an unlimited version.

As a commuter the A2 35kW version can exceed all the urban legal speeds, only the freeways are out of bounds.

From what I read, the specs I quoted apply to the 35w model, and it still looks like a baboon's arse.
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

From what I read, the specs I quoted apply to the 35w model, and it still looks like a baboon's arse.
    but beauty is subjective, the guy down the street from me loves his Rukus he's got two cases strapped to it and rides 12 months of the year. Hideous contraption but it works for him. And you can't see your bike is ugly when you're on it.

ICE necessities limit design options as more and EVs come into production I expect there will be a lot of sleek designs as the constraints of designing around the engine, fuel tank and exhaust will be gone. It'll be a whole new world for us older riders, the younger riders shouldn't have a problem with it. We're seeing the same happening with cars and trucks, removing the engine, transmission and fuel tank is freeing up a lot of space for automotive designers that they never had before. Aerodynamics have a new importance with EVs, slippery shapes matter more than ever.

Dunno. Zeros and the Livewire are good looking bikes, and both can do way over a sustained 55.

And Ruckuses were made to look like Wall-e, so them's cool little bikes.
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Dunno. Zeros and the Livewire are good looking bikes, and both can do way over a sustained 55.

And Ruckuses were made to look like Wall-e, so them's cool little bikes.
    again that's my point it's all subjective. The Zero is okay I don't think it's pretty or ugly, the Livewire doesn't appeal to me at all and the Rukus is just a kids farmyard toy imo. But I don't begrudge anyone who thinks they're all incredible good looking bikes...some of us like blondes, some redheads and othes prefer brunettes, it's all good.

I like blondes, redheads and brunettes. I don't like baboons' buttocks. Buell could have made a better looking bike.

~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f