Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: How near are we to the end of ICE motorcycles?

It's a bad@ss motor. As a cruiser enthusiast, I really wish they hadn't sidelined the Bronx, and that they had planned to put the full Monty Rev Max into it.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Meanwhile, I'll be having the heads on the Sporty ported by a local guru and adding hot cams in a quest for a measly 100 hp and 90 lb ft.
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

How close are we? Not very. I'll never see the end of the ICE. Happily. I like the feel & sounds way more than silent running.

Quote Originally Posted by wymple View Post
    How close are we? Not very. I'll never see the end of the ICE. Happily. I like the feel & sounds way more than silent running.
    Absitively & posolutely! (Don't forget the smell of those lovely hydrocarbons!).
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob S. View Post
    Absitively & posolutely! (Don't forget the smell of those lovely hydrocarbons!).
    something about the smell of a two stroke that still makes my heart beat faster.

Sound never attracted me to motorbikes, speed/acceleration has always been the main attraction for me and always will be.

Deadly fast and silent, add a deodorant that smells like a two stroke and I'm good..
    1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Quote Originally Posted by wyly View Post
    ...speed/acceleration has always been the main attraction for me and always will be.

...a two stroke...
    I've sacrificed both hips and pelvis on the altar of speed. For me, it all started with the H1 Mach III. Seems like yesterday...
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

The two engines must be able to coexist;
    There is no place for absurd diktats, like the one which seeks to kill the ICE altogether.
    Only by following a virtuous path, could all possible shortcomings of the homic engine, be smoothed out, without ending without horse and rider, (rider being all the workforce made redundant, in the arguably "easier and with less parts/labour-hours per engine, taking into account the ancillary products market as well).
    GS1000G '81

An interesting point, Lorenzo. While I can envision an aftermarket for electric motorcycles, for suspension, brakes, tires, and possibly appearance, I wonder about a performance aftermarket for electrics. It has certainly happened in RC cars, but I wonder how it would be regulated in motorcycles.
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Baatfam is online now Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Electric bike forum...lots of info, including how to make your own.

https://www.elmoto.net/
    Bob T.

"That which you manifest is before you." -- Enzo
    "I always prefer to believe the best of everybody, it saves so much trouble." -- Rudyard Kipling
    "...for our existence to hold any value, it must end. To live meaningful lives, we must die and not return." -- Number Six

'83 GS1100E ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '99 TRIUMPH TROPHY 900 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

I came across this concept eRockit, not sure how to define it, electric/human hybrid? It may be the a great urban commuter bike definitely looks like a motorcycle. Top speed 90kph/55mph, 120km range.

https://www.erockit.de/en/about/#Speed
    Last edited by wyly; 05-16-2021 at 12:31 PM.
    1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF