New 87' GS450L Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New 87' GS450L Owner

Just wanted to introduce myself and my "new" bike quickly.
    This is my first motorcycle and picked up my gs450 because I found it for a STEAL. She needs some work, maybe alot.... But mechanically it is decent condition. But as for the appearance, it definitely needs some love. It has 22xxx original miles and runs and drives like a dream. I already have parts on the way to start wrenching on it, and I am looking forward to learning from this site and seeing what you guys have done to your bikes. https://imgur.com/RsnHods
    1987 GS450L

Hi, Gabriel'!
    A bit of paint and bondo if you want to, but the main thing: get it running perfectly first. These are pretty good bikes by all accounts. I'm sure you found the twins section of the forum but much else here applies as being common among most Suzuki 4 strokes of this age...however you will still need to be v e r y careful with part numbers...your 87 valve cover gasket might be different than the 81... ? stuff like that, but even so MOST parts will be common. Online, as a help to get the numbers, I use the part diagrams here
    CMSNLparts - they show what other bikes the parts fit which can be a help...

as well as camping in here awhile BikeCliff's Website You MUST download this manual:
    GS450 Official Service Manual PDF

Comment

Are you up for some pok'in fun? Here it comes, Do you think you can find some taller handlebars?...Naw man welcome & it looks like you've got a nice project going. Keep us updated.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Working...
      X