GS750C main loom routing to headlight bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750C main loom routing to headlight bowl

I'm ready to pull the loom to the front of the bike now and need some advise re the routing at the headstock please. I've found various pictures and some show the loom going above the lower fork clamps/steering stem and some below. A wire & cable routing diagram I've found seems to show it going below but somehow on the bike it doesn't look right so was hoping you Guys could help. Thanks
    1978 GS750C

It might help to consult the shop manuals from other bikes..ie: I know the GS650 manuals available at Basscliffs is very plain and the main loom "bundle" is definitely from the headlight area BELOW the headstock. This is also true for my gs400s. There is actually a metal hoop attached to the frame to hold the loom in a "bight" to allow free turning of the forks. see the next picture aka "harness guide"

harness1.jpg
    Last edited by Gorminrider; 04-23-2021, 09:46 AM.

Comment

harnessdetail2.jpg

This is an 82 GS 650 ...note the "harness guide"

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

HTH
        -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Originally posted by allojohn View Post
          [IMG][/IMG]

HTH
          Sorry AJ, should have posted that it's the other side I was asking about, would you have a photo of that too please. It's looking from Gorminrider's example that it goes below.
          Anyone else with an early 750 able to confirm ?

Many thanks, Harry
          1978 GS750C

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Hinge View Post
            Sorry AJ, should have posted that it's the other side I was asking about, would you have a photo of that too please. It's looking from Gorminrider's example that it goes below.
            Anyone else with an early 750 able to confirm ?

Many thanks, Harry
            Yes , that is correct. Only the clutch cable is on the left side with the taped loom going under which can be seen in the photo hooked in the wire loop.
            -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Working...
            X