Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preparation for Dynojet stage 3 install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preparation for Dynojet stage 3 install.

Hello everyone as the title says I am preparing for installing the dyno 3 kit in a few weeks time after installing the K&N dual oval filters RC-2382 with my already installed 4-1 exhaust.I like to read and gather info before doing anything on the bike always so I went ahead in advance and cleaned / dipped/rebuild my carbs with new o-rings plugs and gaskets while I wait for the kit to arrive. Now my main concern regarding the kit is that obviously installing the mains and the custom needle plus the air port connector things is self explanatory BUT what makes me worried is the drilling the slide part. I found some threads here from people who drilled the slides wrong because the hole has a tilt to it contrary to looking straight through at a first glance. The question is how critical is to drill the slides? Can I skip it because honestly I don’t wont to mess the slides they are brand new all 4 of them. Or maybe any tips to ensure that I do it right?? I have the old slides still and I was thinking maybe I can practice on them? Thanks in advance!!
    Last edited by Kara25; 04-23-2021, 11:42 AM.
    GS674 Hybrid -1965 Vespa 90 -1958 BMW R26

What bike is this.
    Mikuni Viton Choke Plunger Seat Renewal.
    VITON Choke plunger seals .KAWASAKI Z1,Z900,Z650,Z1000,Z1R,SUZUKI GS1000,GSXR,RF | eBay

Air Corrector Jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm carbs .
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254380193...84.m1555.l2649

sigpic

Comment

1980 gs550e

Comment

Hey you’re going for the stage 3 .....best to follow their advice and drill . Their drill should follow existing slide hole fairly easily.
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I see so it’s not so hard as it seemed from reading other threads. Tom do you by any chance know what side is the drill for the slides??

Comment

Originally posted by Kara25 View Post
            I see so it’s not so hard as it seemed from reading other threads. Tom do you by any chance know what side is the drill for the slides??
            I was under the impression that dyna wants you to use their supplied drill in the existing drilled slide hole...
            the slide is orientated with drilled hole facing towards carb output (rear). The vacuum diaphragm has a locating tab to endure this orientation
            1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Yes I know about the supplied drill bit with the kit I just wanted to know if anyone knows the size of the bit so I can buy one before hand and drill some slides I have laying around to get an idea how to do it without any damage

Comment

“...drill some slides I have laying around to get an idea how to do it without any damage”

I’d leave your old slides alone and sell them! If dynojet kit comes with an typical twist drill, it will have a tendency to grab as it bites into the existing slide hole.....dynojet will likely caution / explain this . Should be no issue......obviously you want to protect slide and diaphragm from damage.

1981 gs650L

Comment

Working...
                X