Thread: Is it me, my computer, or the GSR?

Default Is it me, my computer, or the GSR?

I searched the Forum Q&A & found nothing like this, thought someone here may have been there done that. I try to get on GSR, in past & forever, just click on TheGsresources & all is good, logged in & everything. The past few weeks when I click on TheGsresources a big yellow page comes up & says I'm not logged in, I put in my user name, password, & click the remember me box, then click log in, another page comes up that says Invalid Redirect URL (https/thegsresources.com/). Tried to log in several times & that same page keeps coming up. I've found if go to the grey bar at bottom of that page & click on The Gsresources home page, the home page comes up, then click on Forums at the top, everything comes up just fine, already logged in & everything. What the heck has changed or is going on. Beware I know very little about computers or computer lingo, please be gentle.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

cowboyup3371 is offline Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by rphillips View Post
    I searched the Forum Q&A & found nothing like this, thought someone here may have been there done that. I try to get on GSR, in past & forever, just click on TheGsresources & all is good, logged in & everything. The past few weeks when I click on TheGsresources a big yellow page comes up & says I'm not logged in, I put in my user name, password, & click the remember me box, then click log in, another page comes up that says Invalid Redirect URL (https/thegsresources.com/). Tried to log in several times & that same page keeps coming up. I've found if go to the grey bar at bottom of that page & click on The Gsresources home page, the home page comes up, then click on Forums at the top, everything comes up just fine, already logged in & everything. What the heck has changed or is going on. Beware I know very little about computers or computer lingo, please be gentle.
    Without seeing how you are doing things (screenshots would help), I can't offer much but I will say if the link you put above and I bolded for effect is saved as a favorite anywhere, you are using a bad link. This is going to be better for you then click on the Forum tab at top - https://www.thegsresources.com/

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

I'm not logged in, I put in my user name, password, & click the remember me box, then click log in, another page comes up that says Invalid Redirect URL (https/thegsresources.com/). Tried to log in several times & that same page keeps coming up. Beware I know very little about computers or computer lingo, please be gentle.
    This has happened to me in the past after I log in...not sure why it happened but I saw that my USERID at the top right where it says "welcome" was in bold, so I clicked my username and it lead me to my profile page.

You can also click on the "Bulletin" on the top left or the "Forum" button underneath it to get you to the "Forum" section. I tried the three different options I presented and found clicking on "forum" did the trick.

BTW, it doesn't do that error page anymore.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

The fact that you infer my non-acceptance is what I'm talking about. (31Jan2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

earlfor is online now Forum LongTimer Charter Member
    GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

When it says invalid redirect, simply click on "forum" at the top left of the page, it will take you to being logged in and you're good to go.
    I support entropy for all.

Thanks all, the thing earl said gets me there. What has changed that makes me log in each time, instead of how it's been for the past appx. 15 yrs? Why can't I just put in my user name, password, then click the remember me box & log in, and be logged in as before? Did I do something wrong, did the computer mess me up, was it something with theGSR, or maybe a group of aggravating little electrons just swooped in from outer space to mess me up? Just seems odd to me.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

Thanks all, the thing earl said gets me there. What has changed that makes me log in each time, instead of how it's been for the past appx. 15 yrs? Why can't I just put in my user name, password, then click the remember me box & log in, and be logged in as before? Did I do something wrong, did the computer mess me up, was it something with theGSR, or maybe a group of aggravating little electrons just swooped in from outer space to mess me up? Just seems odd to me.
    Some years ago, my computer started doing exactly what your's does. I don't know what changed, maybe a window's update causes this when it meets the forum format. I don't know. The quick and easy solution is the one I said. heh eh Yeah, if I don't touch the keyboard for 15 minutes when logged in, I have to re log in too. That changed also and I don't know why.

Update, since I did what he said, I thought what will happen if I just punch the forum button on top left of the big yellow page telling me to log in. I found that works too, I don't even need to log in & find the invalid redirect page. Thank ya'll, nearly as good as it was.
    Last edited by rphillips; 04-28-2021 at 05:16 PM.

GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

Update, since I did what he said, I thought what will happen if I just punch the forum button on top left of the big yellow page telling me to log in. I found that also works too, I don't even need to log in & find the invalid redirect page. Thank ya'll, nearly as good as it was.
    Cheers!....

Another update, Everything started back to working today. Got to be my computer or the GSR, as I've done nothing different, I push the same buttons I always push.

The past few weeks when I click on TheGsresources a big yellow page comes up & says I'm not logged in, I put in my user name, password, & click the remember me box, then click log in, another page comes up that says Invalid Redirect URL (https/thegsresources.com/). Tried to log in several times & that same page keeps coming up.
    Had a similar problem once, not quite the same however.

It lasted about 49 hours then things went back to normal , but for a couple days I thought the forum had got tired of me and blocked my entrance LOL