Fuse blew twice, half my bulbs went out, voltage seems to high

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Noreg View Post

Estimated delivery May 13, 2021 - Jun 06, 2021 <- Quite a big range of expected delivery for the SH775, the triumph harness should be here well before that.
    Here's a pretty decent way to estimate shipping time: If it's coming out of a metro area on either coast expect the latest date to apply, if it's coming out of a major city in the middle of the country you can expect the earliest date to apply.
    1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
    1982 GS450txz (former bike)
    LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Yep, that's the real thing. I think he bought up the last stocks of the SH-775 when Polaris stopped fitting them. From what I've seen, he's just about the only legit supplier of New Old Stock ones, every other new one being fake.
      ---- Dave
      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

I will ask around. I don't think there is scrapyards anywhere closer than Trondheim (900 kilometers, 600 miles). Could do the trip though (on the CBR125).
        That's too far to try and find something that may or may not be available. Two other options occur to me - would the RR from your 125 be compatible with your GS? Alternatively, would you like me to try to find a cheap 'temporary' RR here in the UK? Postage to you shouldn't take too long, fingers crossed.
        1980 GS550ET

Comment

Originally posted by steveb922 View Post
          That's too far to try and find something that may or may not be available. Two other options occur to me - would the RR from your 125 be compatible with your GS? Alternatively, would you like me to try to find a cheap 'temporary' RR here in the UK? Postage to you shouldn't take too long, fingers crossed.
          The 125 is not mine, it is a work motorcycle, so I am not at liberty to dismantle it for spares. But I am sure it is sufficient to get out on the road for some scenic rides if it stops snowing again.

If you can find something reasonable that might be of interest. How much do they run? I really want to get it running so I can sort it out. I haven't depleted all the potential local sources, but I am a bit swamped with work and studies right now (exam time).
          GS1000G 1981

Comment

Working...
          X