Wires getting too hot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wires getting too hot?

Okay so, got to start bike up today, ran much nicer and the best it honestly has with me. I got to ride aswell and it was running pretty smoothly all throughout, might need to be tuned a bit but that's it.

Anyways, after giving it the beans and going close to 9krpm after that it started acting pretty crappy, popping and struggling to go a bit, and also my turn signal started acting up again so i went back and put it away.

Went to check my ignition (dyna s) and when I went to turn the advance, it was heaps harder than normal and was basically sticking struggling to be advanced, also my turn signal came back but does buzz somewhat before making the light go off, it's an inconsistent mechanism as of right now.

Anyways, I was wondering if wires getting too hot could cause something like this?

I'm gonna do a charging test and see how it goes, I do have a new Rick's stator aswell as new Polaris R/R and all is connected well but I guess one good run through the powerband could affect it.

Just curious if anyone has an idea of what could be going on.

So, advance struggling to move, turn signal coming in and out, its mainly the right side turn signal that struggles when this happens.
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
    1982 XS650

Remove and lube the advance gizmo....check for debris stuck in there preventing easy action. Turn signal could be just poor grounding.
    do the quick start charging test.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
      Remove and lube the advance gizmo....check for debris stuck in there preventing easy action. Turn signal could be just poor grounding.
      do the quick start charging test.
      Gizmo was lubricated, I'll check it out still, oh that precise timing to be adjusted again lol.

Had no clue turn signal was grounded, it is the relay or flasher that's causing it, I will be checking it out.
      Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
      1982 XS650

Comment

Make sure the dyna supplied plate is not interfering with advancer.
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
          Make sure the dyna supplied plate is not interfering with advancer.
          It's not! I'll make sure but it definently is able to spin freely, advance is acting normal again.

Last night for some reason i could spin it the opposite way, thought I was tripping or something. Made sure both springs open up when movijgnadvance to know that both pieces are on the rotor.
          Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
          1982 XS650

Comment

Working...
          X