Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Well...

And I traced the wire back, goes to the dyna S, gonna check voltage at this and its resistance
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ

Want a "twin" for my bike

So, after it going to the ignition, I called dynatek for a resistance test and they gave me one to do, and it passes the test, aswell as the dyna coils. Guy said hes gonna send me out some stuff to do the coil relay mod, and after cleaning all I can without replacing and resoldring, its gonna be the way I go
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ

Quote Originally Posted by timebombprod View Post
    So, after it going to the ignition, I called dynatek for a resistance test and they gave me one to do, and it passes the test, aswell as the dyna coils. Guy said hes gonna send me out some stuff to do the coil relay mod, and after cleaning all I can without replacing and resoldring, its gonna be the way I go
    I was only getting around 10V at the coils with Dyna S and Dyna coils. Did the coil relay (piece of cake) and have 12+V constantly. Do it and your problems will disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by DucatiDave View Post
    I was only getting around 10V at the coils with Dyna S and Dyna coils. Did the coil relay (piece of cake) and have 12+V constantly. Do it and your problems will disappear.
    Doing it this morning hope all goes well.

I do have a question maybe you could help, I've opened my harness and was looking for the splice where the coil wires and killswitch wire meet. Ofcourse I found it but I was wondering do i disconnect the coil wires from the splice and only have the killswitch wire on there, and have that wire where I hook my relay to for the killswitch?
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ

Follow the instructions here and it will all make sense: http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...relay_mod.html