Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Well...

Quote Originally Posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
    Haha. This bike may just need an exorcism.
    I'd believe it!
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ

Want a "twin" for my bike

Ian, just want you to know we’re not laughing at you(at least I’m not). We’re pulling for you, and your bike.

I'm a little concerned about when you mentioned that when you were first setting your timing and didn't have plugs in it and the spark jumped,etc.
    When you do all the tests on your system and it still has the same problem,I might consider disconnecting the Dyna S and hooking-up the original OEM Suzuki CDi to see if the Dyna S might have fried it's 'black box'/control module.

Ian, just want you to know we’re not laughing at you(at least I’m not). We’re pulling for you, and your bike.
    I know lol no worries
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ

Quote Originally Posted by grcamna2 View Post
    I'm a little concerned about when you mentioned that when you were first setting your timing and didn't have plugs in it and the spark jumped,etc.
    When you do all the tests on your system and it still has the same problem,I might consider disconnecting the Dyna S and hooking-up the original OEM Suzuki CDi to see if the Dyna S might have fried it's 'black box'/control module.
    Unfortunately CDI and old signal generator are not able to be used.

This is a new dyna s, like after the one I already had, it would really suck if it got fried that fast, it still does react to timing advance and such.

Is there any way to check if the dyna is fine.
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ

I'm hoping it has to do with the turn signal, I've noticed when the turn signal acts fine the bike acts fine, and when the signal doesnt want to fully work or work very slow, the bike will start acting up on me
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ

Okay so, before I start the bike, I'm just gonna say my turn signals are acting right, so if my bike has no short going on, I guess that should be the issue. Forgot to add I just pushed the turn signal piece in the wire, probably was a tiny bit loose

The only other thing I have done is turn the pilot screws out half a turn because my plugs arent looking well, and cut the fuel line a bit because a newly added fuel filter caused kink. We'll see what happens
    Last edited by timebombprod; 05-01-2021 at 04:40 PM.
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ

Here is the video, short/skip at :16, :28, :30, :39, 1:06, 1:12, 1:26, 1:32, 1:38.

https://youtu.be/hk5D4ifQqo0
    Noticed when it does that the ignition wires that come from dyna S and connect to the coil wires do shake when it happens, maybe just because it's not tied down and the shirt causes a bit if a shake.

Everytine the short happens the bike drops a little, but doesnt stay down.

Dont rule out stuff that's mechanical, it very well could be a mechanical problem.
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ

You gotta stop messing with more than one thing at a time. Leave the carbs alone. You haven’t run it enough to evaluate plug color/fouling. Why add a fuel filter into the mix, which could cause fuel flow issues that you didn’t have before. Slow down. If you think your problem is electrical/ignition related. Sort that. Get it running, then you can tune, if the bench sync I’m assuming the shop you recently had do carb work doesn’t prove to be exactly where you want things.

You gotta stop messing with more than one thing at a time.
    We've been telling him that for a year now....
    1983 Naked Goldwing Interstate GL1100

1982 GS450txz (former bike)

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it" ~ Upton Sinclair