No announcement yet.

Cu head gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The device to hold the shaft, materializes in a 10/12mm spanner wedged between shaft and engine casting
    Thanks for the precious link.
    I have seen a 2022 retro Thriumph bike with the side cableless plunger, and was thinking if Suzuki had in the past range, such a solution, without being futuristic, as on the Kat.
    In a word, it has to look factory but "in tune" with the model epoch; oops, two words but that's OK...
    Last edited by Lorenzo; 01-10-2022, 08:53 AM.
    GS1000G '81

Comment

I was pretty sure all the 2022 Triumphs were fuel injected, but OK.
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Mmh, you might be rait...
        Must have seen it on some "classic" magazine, cause I have it pictured before my eyes...

GS1000G manual refers to a "...if the starter lever is not pulled all the way up" occurrence, whereas the 1100G speaks of "turning the choke knob all the way left...".

They both seem to run on BS34SS.

Worth investigating, even though I never saw an eleven over here.
        Last edited by Lorenzo; 01-10-2022, 12:00 PM.
        GS1000G '81

Comment

Well, Yesterday the bike had it's maiden flight;
          bike runs perfect, no hesitation whatsoever, pulls like a steam train, courtesy of this boots I proudly made,

GS,air.filter.boots-2.jpg

but, as predicted on post n.5 by Ed, it wept a bit.
          Now I will try to retorque the head, maybe increasing the the torque value a little.
          GS1000G '81

Comment

Satisfying view of the ensemble 1696881317748.jpg
            Attached Files
            GS1000G '81

Comment

Nice to see a follow-up to this. Learning how to do a new thing is always worth it, one way or another.
              Charles
              --
              1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

An update; the gasket themselves might not be leaking and what I thought was a weep, is in actual fact the copper surplus spry
                I deliberatelly applied on the mating surfaces.
                The oil mist that complimented both the lower part of my trowsers, might be some ooze from the clutch and generator covers, which gasket
                I made out of the specific material but somehow managed,maybe, not to tighten enough lacking an impact drive with the JIS bits.
                The veil of oil on the side of the fins, might come from the downpipes, again, not serrated enough and matched to the port without the proper
                exhaust cement.
                I'll let the forum posted.​

P.S. pics of the boots are rubbish, I know.
                GS1000G '81

Comment

Originally posted by Lorenzo View Post
                  Well, Yesterday the bike had it's maiden flight;
                  bike runs perfect, no hesitation whatsoever, pulls like a steam train, courtesy of this boots I proudly made,

GS,air.filter.boots-2.jpg

but, as predicted on post n.5 by Ed, it wept a bit.
                  Now I will try to retorque the head, maybe increasing the the torque value a little.
                  Nice! What filament did you use one that? Did you do any specific homework on chemical compatibility and temperature tolerance? Did you publish your files anywhere?

I just noticed I'm late to the party. I hope not too late...
                  Dogma
                  --
                  O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                  '80 GS850 GLT
                  '80 GS1000 GT
                  '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post

1) Nice! What filament did you use one that? Did you do any specific homework on chemical compatibility and temperature tolerance?
                    2) Did you publish your files anywhere?

3) I just noticed I'm late to the party. I hope not too late...
                    1) TPU
                    2) Nou Sir, I'm faithfull to the GS forum
                    3) What can I say? You failed to pay attention but, you're not that late

GS1000G '81

Comment

Originally posted by Lorenzo View Post

1) TPU
                      2) Nou Sir, I'm faithfull to the GS forum
                      3) What can I say? You failed to pay attention but, you're not that late
                      I thought that looked like TPU. I'll be curious to learn how it holds up. I suppose you can always just make more...

I was thinking about printing molds to make silicone part, especially for the other end of the carbs where things get considerably warmer.
                      Dogma
                      --

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                      '80 GS850 GLT
                      '80 GS1000 GT
                      '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Yea, it will have to be watched for at least six months, for vibrations, heat, fuel an general perishment of the material.
                        If, by the other side, you mean this:
                        1698134679538.jpg
                        ...same as above applies.
                        The idea of the mold, maybe 3D printed, it's sound, because it readily let's you experiment with different types of rubber.
                        GS1000G '81

Comment

The idea of the mold, maybe 3D printed, it's sound, because it readily let's you experiment with different types of rubber.[/QUOTE]

Ya know, I've never heard what kind of heat tolerance TPU is supposed to have. I've only done a little printing with it. I'm very curious how those carb boots are going to work out. My gut says they won't be sturdy enough to hold things in place, and are likely to be leaky. I suspect the next iteration will need to include the metal part of an original.
                          Dogma
                          --

--
                          '80 GS850 GLT
                          '80 GS1000 GT
                          '01 ZRX1200R

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
                            The idea of the mold, maybe 3D printed, it's sound, because it readily let's you experiment with different types of rubber.
                            My gut says they won't be sturdy enough to hold things in place, and are likely to be leaky. I suspect the next iteration will need to include the metal part of an original.[/QUOTE]

You mean this metal part...

1698134646784.jpg

GS1000G '81

Comment

...for guts sake!

1698240999702.jpg
                              GS1000G '81

Comment

Well. There it is. I don't see why that shouldn't work, at least for a while. I haven't printed enough TPU to know, but I expect support removal to be a nightmare. Did you pause the print and insert the plate where the support would have been?

This project just keeps getting more interesting. Lots of experiments. Usually, we're more focused on fixes we already know will work.
                                Dogma
                                --

--
                                '80 GS850 GLT
                                '80 GS1000 GT
                                '01 ZRX1200R

Comment

Working...
                                X