GS1000s Clutch Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
    I would have used it too if what looked like a crack cleaned up, incl the steels. I'm sure it will be fine. Did you upgrade the clutch nut whilst at it? (The stock ones have a habit of coming loose due to thread stretch, an APE one (or an 1150 one is also an upgrade) would be better.

Did you check for spring rattle in the back plate too?

Yes I checked it. There was little to no spring rattle. I used the stock nut, which by the way was loose. Used blue locktite and an impact installing the nut. Guess I need to buy the APE nut and put it on the shelf for next time I am in there.

Also noticed the idle was smoother with clutch nut tight.

Just got back from a ride for lunch, clutch works great so far.

Comment

Good news!

The APE nut is a harder material, the threads stretch on the stock one. Hopefully the Loctite will keep it from loosening up again, see how it goes I guess!
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
        Let Lme know if this is what you need/want. NOS part # 21412-49010[ATTACH=CONFIG]62808[/ATTACH]
        If you still have this hub and will sell it I need it. Chris 610-248-8897
        The goal of life isn't to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body. It's to slide in sideways, screaming and yelling "Hell yeah! What a ride"!

Comment

Working...
        X