Nos guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nos guy

Was here before, but forgot who I was . Now the unfortunate owner of a 1980 GS850G , bought with grandiose plans of retro resto , now that has all changed to parting the sucker out to try and recoup some funds . Bought sight unseen at a good price , I was working out of state . Has been nearly a year now and back home ready to start the resto . Engine is locked up and there was no oil in it , PO mechanical abilities seriously in doubt , claimed the carbs were rebuilt. Doing a bit of mechanical detective work , I believe he attempted to start it with no oil and used 'easy start' , cos the plugs are ancient and wet and locked up the engine . Cant be bothered now , I trust nothing on it and have visions of it being a money pit . I really want a 77 - 79 GS750 anyway. Going to put it in the parts for sale section.
    Herd.
    GS850G . CB1100F . KZ650 . XJ650RJ . CB750F3 . CB750KZ . CB500K1.

Ouch! Good choice to just part it, try to get the inside of the tank nice and shiny that will help with the part.

Maybe fool with the engine after its off the frame.
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
    1982 XS650

Comment

This is it.
      Attached Files
      Herd.

Comment

Actually looks very nice, that's a paint job i havent seen (if that's purple).

Maybe, just maybe, swap the motor or see if you can get this one to spin. I would definently ride that bike if I could.

I believe there a bigger motor you can put in the 850 frame that bolts right up
        Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
        1982 XS650

Comment

Originally posted by timebombprod View Post

I believe there a bigger motor you can put in the 850 frame that bolts right up
          The 1000G and 1100G engines fit.
          ---- Dave
          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

If you were close enough and my bike was done (20 minute fix I'll probably do today) I'd pick that thing up the colour and look is great, and, my bike is a bit small for me.
            Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
            1982 XS650

Comment

I can swap motors , it is all too much work. Plus , who knows how good a used motor is , just have to believe the seller and they will all say the motor is good .
              Herd.

Comment

Originally posted by gs850gee View Post
                I can swap motors , it is all too much work. Plus , who knows how good a used motor is , just have to believe the seller and they will all say the motor is good .
                Not wrong there, but damn, I'm guessing it's not purple but it would look sick with that midnight purple paintjob.

I go to ebay for everything but I dont know how reputable they are I've never had bad stuff with them.

Hopefully somebody buys the bike whole and keeps it together!
                Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                1982 XS650

Comment

Working...
                X